New Product Ideas. What do you want?

• I brought up the aluminum overflow to Noel at SSITS when my stock one broke the nipple off and caused me to miss the only ride I signed up for. I repaired mine better than factory but will be looking forward to see what they look like.
    I would recommend facing the return nipple forward on the tank instead of out the side.
    I have my own thoughts as to why my bottle broke, and I have since repaired it to alleviate future issues.

Stephen

• more optional rearend accessories. X/
    Instead of the not so sticky reflector brackets, how about flush mounted reflectors? body kit just for the rearend only?

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• To be honest...

A real set of mirrors. Something that will actually adjust and not feel like you're going to rip the glass off the mirror bracket.

Plus, make it so it is adjustable enough to see behind and a glimpse of adjacent lanes without further aftermarket mirrors.

Seriously, somebody take a peek at this.

• When I was looking around in the showroom one was laying on the floor ...it looks like an after thought probably to meet D.O.T regulations....they could have made it bolt on..

Everyone deals with those sooner or later... And Polaris could shave two pounds by not using the metal brackets and going flush mount as @Guardian_Angel said.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• where are the flip open gas caps like theses?

Time is my problem. Did have a new and if I may say so cool fuel cover designed but not sure where it will go at this time. The biggest problem is tooling cost for any new SlingShot product. You are looking at about $45,000 in tooling (low side) just to get things rolling. Then add in the unit cost and number of units to recover cost and it just does not make sense with the number of SlingShots sold. Adapting existing products, CNC aluminum, lower cost vacuum forming or fiberglass is about the best you can do for the SlingShot if you are a small vendor.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Time is my problem. Did have a new and if I may say so cool fuel cover designed but not sure where it will go at this time. The biggest problem is tooling cost for any new SlingShot product. You are looking at about $45,000 in tooling (low side) just to get things rolling. Then add in the unit cost and number of units to recover cost and it just does not make sense with the number of SlingShots sold. Adapting existing products, CNC aluminum, lower cost vacuum forming or fiberglass is about the best you can do for the SlingShot if you are a small vendor.

instead of tooling for a CNC or similar...what about a 3D printer design....since people complain about losing them...one that flips open would be a very popular thing.

• instead of tooling for a CNC or similar...what about a 3D printer design....since people complain about losing them...one that flips open would be a very popular thing.

Production quality 3D printing or low volume manufacturing is possible but still somewhat cost prohibitive for most small suppliers.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: