ESP LIGHT ILLUMATED.

• Ok, I do remember reading someone's article about this switch not working, that the light is on and that there is a defect. I would like to know what others are doing to correct this. Other then taking it in to be repaired unless that is all that can be done. I have a 2016MY. I also see that when the light comes on that the cruise control is disabled as well. Any help would be appreciated.

• It depends on weather it is the steering angle sensor or if its the brake switch causing you trouble... If the brake switch is the problem. (due to it just being bad and tripping the squiggly light) then it just needs to be changed... Its easy. take a couple minutes... If its the steering angle sensor that need calibrating then it just a couple mins with the laptop... However if it a bad steering angle sensor then the steering wheel comes off and the sensor is replaced and calibrated...

• It depends on weather it is the steering angle sensor or if its the brake switch causing you trouble... If the brake switch is the problem. (due to it just being bad and tripping the squiggly light) then it just needs to be changed... Its easy. take a couple minutes... If its the steering angle sensor that need calibrating then it just a couple mins with the laptop... However if it a bad steering angle sensor then the steering wheel comes off and the sensor is replaced and calibrated...

I've had my SL for one week, 175 miles and now the ESP light stays on shortly after starting the vehicle. Im not happy but I will be taking it to the dealership this week.

• @toons2 Simple check to see if it is in the brake system electronics. Jump in the seat, start the Sling, and have a visual on your brake lights. Hit the brake pedal on and off. Short duration momentarily, long duration like waiting on a train, and just stagger that around for a while. Brake lights should be crisp on and off in conjunction with your brake pedal. If there is any delay in lights out, it's an issue. Brake lights staying on is why cruise control fails to operate and trips Esp Light.

I link the problem I had.... ESP Light

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: