Slingshots in the Texas Hill Country.Kerrville,TX,19-23Apr 2017.

• I put the Baker air wings on in Texas. At 80 moh they put a lot of air into your face . At times I think it was too much air at that speed. Overtime the pressure of the wind at 80 mph would make them either close or open all the way out. Not too bad when you're going slower so if you're not on the highway I think they do the purpose of moving air into you .

• I have the small part in the bar. Opposite of what I had at first.
    Vs what slingmods shows

@jorgebri60 The way they are pictured in the top pic is how I received mine configured. (along with three broken mount screws). I had a problem with that configuration in that they swing out like a barn door which extends them way out into a more hazardous region. (read that as interfering with entry and mirror contact). I contacted Baker Built Air Wings about the broken screws and clarification of proper hinge position. Because both Slingmods and the Baker site showed a central location for the hinge. I was told that they had tried both locations but settled on the central location (as shown in 2nd pic) that allows the wing to rotate around the axis as opposed to swinging out. I like the functionality of the wings, but to be honest, the quality of the top mount clamps are on par with what I could have done here in the garage. Electrical tape for the anti-mar finish... yep, that's top of the shelf right there.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• @jorgebri60 The way they are pictured in the top pic is how I received mine configured. (along with three broken mount screws). I had a problem with that configuration in that they swing out like a barn door which extends them way out into a more hazardous region. (read that as interfering with entry and mirror contact). I contacted Baker Built Air Wings about the broken screws and clarification of proper hinge position. Because both Slingmods and the Baker site showed a central location for the hinge. I was told that they had tried both locations but settled on the central location (as shown in 2nd pic) that allows the wing to rotate around the axis as opposed to swinging out. I like the functionality of the wings, but to be honest, the quality of the top mount clamps are on par with what I could have done here in the garage. Electrical tape for the anti-mar finish... yep, that's top of the shelf right there.

@airoutlaw
    I think what you're describing is what I was trying to explain to @Boomer about how the mounting On the bottom picture makes sense to me because of having them the way we do basically puts too much wing out there for the wind to grab hold of. Once you get going fast enough there's no way those mounts can hold the wing in position. They just fly open all the way to the stops. Thanks for clarifying this with baker. I'll be swapping these around first chance i get.

• Finally downloaded the pictures from my camera (not the phone)... Here's a great one--the whole gang:

(left to right: @Spudinator and bride, @jorgebri60, @Boomer and bride, @Bill Martin, @Cywolv and bride, @DKF Texas, @Tango, @funinthesun and bride, @Rob the Slob and bride, Dave? I think... Not sure if he's on the forum... And me!)

Then of course, Jim being Jim! Looking for an edge to get his rear tire grippier.. :P

• Great pics everyone, wish I could have hung out more! Got in late Friday, left early Sunday... couldn't even go on any rides... cause I ummm "accidentially" started drinking a little early on Saturday.... (shhhhh don't tell mom aka Danna). I'm still waiting to go to lunch MiM! I want copies of your videos Mim, I need to hook you up with my dropbox or something... or if you can put em on a drive and give them to me on Sunday, that would be awesome.... Till next time!

Beware of Sling Ninja...

• @Cywolv and @Jeff@DDMWorks...

So I did quite a bit of driving today on my new shoes...

First impressions: I believe my tires have too much psi per Polaris recommendations (35 versus 29 and 32), so not sure how that affects overall feel. The rear tire actually feels grippier, but I'm probably just going off my last memories of the bald Kenda... :D . The ride overall feels much softer! Something I always questioned my shocks about (considering they are the highly priced JRI 2ways). The handling is very different with the new wider fronts and wider rear. Thinking the fronts changed the handling more than the rear. I also feel braking takes more force/effort. Overall, I'm liking them. I think my ride height also inched up a bit... May need to adjust my shocks height and compression soon, along with the psi of all three tires...

Hope that information is useful in some way... Will try to remember to post again when adjustments are made.

Oh, and the Achilles squeals nicely for a bit when launching from 1st at about 4k rpms... :saint:

• If my mind is still working just a little, I think the @rabtech is running his tires with just a little lower psi. Hopefully he'll react here.

• I am

If my mind is still working just a little, I think the @rabtech is running his tires with just a little lower psi. Hopefully he'll react here.

I am running 28psi rear and 26psi front - cold
    They gain on average 2psi once they heat up.

Lowered the rear pressure after noticing the center of the tire wearing much faster than the sides
    Played with the front pressure to try and get the best bite

Fronts are holding up great - rears - well lest just say they wear evenly every 3K

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!