Rear Angle Pinion seal leaking

• could be worse... oops it has been before.

Sorry, hope it's quick and easy. We really need to start a true cross reference for these parts. Stuff like this is got to be easier than dealing with the dealer.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• heck no- they didn't have parts in stock..... yup-- warranty claim open and pinion seal now on order..... Told 'em to fill the rear drive to spill, and call me when the parts come in......
    Correct me if I am wrong- they gotta pull the belt sprocket and the rear drive to replace the seal---guess I get a fluid change out of this...... All I need is to bring the 75w/140 and the JB gear oil treatment...... might as well get free labor on this (and keep it out of my hair this time-lol)...... So, I guess after the holiday some time, part will arrive--- And YES- my dealer DOES do repair work, with customer waiting. Unless when he gets it torn down- for some reason he finds another issue while it is in pieces, and cannot get me back on the road- he knows I will be waiting for my ride. It was a toasty warm ride- but at least I will have her over the holiday, and it will be cooler- mid 90's!

• Took mine in Monday. 3520 miles when I got there. Picked it up yesterday. Dry on the outside, and drives great now. Glad to have that fixed... I kept topping it off every 500 miles just in case (they inspected it with 1400 miles 2 1/2 weeks prior.)

• Don't hold me to this but on "another forum" a dude swears this is the correct aftermarket replacement seal(s) for the angle drive:

that's nice, but I got NONE of the skills or the tools for a job like that........ so, hopefully you are informing those who are not mechanically challenged! (Seriously- could you see me even trying to get the belt sprocket off????????) :00007579:

• that's nice, but I got NONE of the skills or the tools for a job like that........ so, hopefully you are informing those who are not mechanically challenged! (Seriously- could you see me even trying to get the belt sprocket off????????) :00007579:

If mine ever starts to leak I will do my best to do a DIY thread... it might be easier than you think.... :)
    I just hate having to go to the dealer..

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• If mine ever starts to leak I will do my best to do a DIY thread... it might be easier than you think.... :) I just hate having to go to the dealer..

Agree 100%!!!!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi