Need a thread that we can have highlighted

• When we pass out a card to someone that is interested in a slingshot we need a thread called "Received a Business Card? CLICK HERE."

Would anyone want to lay a post out that has all kinds of information in it about the models of slingshot. And the common questions that we are asked.

Once you get the post made I can apply a highlight to it and I can even make a button for the menu bar.

Just kind of a information post on the slingshot.

I know there are more gifted writers on the forum than me. So I wanted to throw it out to you all to see what you could come up with. And if more than one person wants to make a post that will work well. I can crop and paste all the best parts together.

• love the idea... I'm not your guy. Lucky just to spell my name correctly. Wish I had the skill of writing.
    I can contribute anything other than that.. :00000021:

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I think Rab is looking for the high level stuff. Not the deep how to's.

Something like;
    Question: what's it like to drive a slingshot?
    Answer: it is asphalt surfing or driving a go kart at 120mph on the highway.

Question: what is it?
    Answer: it is a reverse trike built by Polaris. Running a 2.4L GM Ecotech engine putting out 177hp and weighs only 1700lbs.

Wrong format of course and terrible writing, but I think this is where he was going?? A place for the I think I want to know more before I go buy spot and open to the public.

Rab how far did I miss the target?

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Yes. That is what I was thinking.

Broad big picture stuff. Kinda like handing someone a Polaris brochure but with a little more detail.

• Let me rephrase my question, because I did a poor job the first time:

Is this thread going to be the end product, without edit, OR;
    Is this thread going to be where the collective community submits inputs for rabtech to consolidate and put into a separate thread, OR;
    Is the idea for one or two people to send rabtech a finished product (offline) that will be cut & pasted into a new thread?

• Let me rephrase my question, because I did a poor job the first time:

Is this thread going to be the end product, without edit, OR;
    Is this thread going to be where the collective community submits inputs for rabtech to consolidate and put into a separate thread, OR;
    Is the idea for one or two people to send rabtech a finished product (offline) that will be cut & pasted into a new thread?

Yes this thread will be editable for corrections and additions .... Just by me and other moderators.

The last two questions tie together,... I want everyone to post (in this thread) just like @BryanL did above with post and ideas that they think are worthy.
    You can reference articles all over the internet. Just put the link in your post here and give ma a quick reason it should be included.
    I had rather have personal typed information than i had web links. I may add the weblink and video links at the bottom of the thread.
    REMEMBER this is for people that have asked you about your slingshot and you just handed them a card with this website on it...
    I will have an announcement banner that says "HANDED A BUSINESS CARD BY A MEMBER? CLICK HERE.."

(the new thread will be a closed thread with have multiple post in it.... It will not allow replies)

I will be able to modify it and make the additions and changes.

• I'll take a stab at rough something .....

Welcome to SLINGSHOTINFO.com – we are glad you could stop by! Please feel free to look around and even become a member.

If you already own a Slingshot – welcome to our forum – we look forward to getting to know you and your Slingshot.

If you are thinking about purchasing a Slingshot CLICK HERE for some general information.
    ………………………..

What is a Polaris Slingshot?
    It has a 2.4L GM ECOTECH engine that will throw 173HP at you while weighing in at less than 1800 pounds with a 5” ground clearance and 105” wheelbase you’ll feel like you’re asphalt surfing in a go-cart when you fly through the curves!

Is it a car, a motorcycle, autocycle or something else?
    Technically, it is a reverse trike (tricycle) built by Polaris – it’snot a car and does not have airbags – it handles different than a car,especially in the rain. In reality is anattention demanding three-wheeler that has tons of power, waterproof seats,three-point belts, forged aluminum roll hoops, a steering wheel, and afive-speed manual transmission.[/u][/b][/i][/b]
    For licensing purposes, it depends on what state you’re in – you can CLICK HERE to determine the license requirements for your state.

What is so great about having a Slingshot?
    There are an incredible amount of after-market parts and accessories for everything from power to appearance that are available for the Slingshot which makes it easily customizable allowing you to make this vehicle your own.

So, what should I know before I purchase a Slingshot?
    Like any other vehicle you’ll want to test drive and do all of your homework. And just like any other vehicle on the market it has some things that are great just the way they come from the dealer – and others things have caused issues that, depending on your personal preferences, you may want to modify.

Where can I find more information about the Polaris Slingshot?
    Right here at SLINGSHOTINFO.com of course. Have a look around, become a member, ask anyquestions you may have.

We’ve got members that range from just starting out to folks that have been enjoying the Slingshot experience since it rolled off the truck at the dealer. Members that like the stock just the way it is and members who have added turbo chargers, performance exhaust and suspension systems, to some of the best looking bling your eyes will ever see and everything in-between. No matter where you are at in your Slingshot experience, you’ll find enthusiastic, knowledgeable, fun and darn friendly members here to help you enjoy your Slingshot as much as they do.

Oh, and did we mention that we have the premier vendors in aftermarket accessories here in our forums as well ... yup we do - come on in, it's a great day to own a Slingshot

Edited once, last by Ross ().

• Perfect......... That is the idea..... I think I can make a FAQ page and arrange all that data for ya....

Keep it coming.. I promise your hard work will be displayed....