Hydroplaning is real

• Lost traction at about 70 MPH, left the highway, into the ditch. hit a bump left the ground, noseheavy vehicle landed on front left tire. pulled front piece out from under tire got back onto road. Does anyone have a front end for sale?

• Lost traction at about 70 MPH, left the highway, into the ditch. hit a bump left the ground, noseheavy vehicle landed on front left tire. pulled front piece out from under tire got back onto road. Does anyone have a front end for sale?

Holy crap! Was this just today?! Are you okay?! Sorry this happened... :(

A couple weeks ago I was snooping around on evilBay & saw some front end parts for sale but don't know if it's still there or not. Might be a place to look.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Yeah I'm Ok. The canvas top is awesome to smack your head on when you go airborne. I just got home I left the Sling at my Dads place about 80 miles north of here. I'll start looking for parts tomorrow. The steering rack is screwed also or I would have tried to drive it home

• Wolf totaled his sling from a nasty hydroplane. You've done right about 400 dollars worth of damage there. You can purchase the front bar and the bottom plastic splitter/spoiler and reuse your colored plastic pieces. You probably need an alignment too :)

• Glad your alright man, the SS can be fixed. Good luck with the parts hunt. I bought this thing thinking it would be better riding in the rain than my Harley, not so sure about that anymore.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Ben Franklin)

2002 FatBoy FLSTF
    2016 Polaris Slingshot

• The same thing happened to my buddy from Fredericksburg,TX. A couple of weeks ago he hit a patch of water and the front left wheel locked and went off the road into a barb wire fence and then into a ditch. The whole front end was messed up pretty bad. After his Sling was towed to the dealership it was declare "totaled" because the frame was bent. He did not get hurt and came out of the accident without a scratch.

• wow.. Another one. Wonder when insurance companies are gonna use this little problem against us. It honestly appears to be a true problem.

So glad you are OK...... I read stuff like this and a worry if my wife were to get caught in a summer shower.

It's interesting that all the resent events happens with the fronts picking up rather than the assumed rear.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Living in CA- apparently we are not the greatest drivers- even with 4 wheels- so much traffic that the roads get really crapped up with oil, and then when it finally does rain- it's a mess. I try my best to stay out of it with the sling, but have to admit to white knuckles when I get caught!

• Glad your alright man, the SS can be fixed. Good luck with the parts hunt. I bought this thing thinking it would be better riding in the rain than my Harley, not so sure about that anymore.

I hydroplaned coming off the Blue Ridge. I was approaching an intersection and about 400 yards out she lifted off. I skipped through the exit lane, across the entry lane and on to the lawn of a hotel. I parked it there, found a room and a happy hour!

Home of the free - because of the brave

• wow.. Another one. Wonder when insurance companies are gonna use this little problem against us. It honestly appears to be a true problem.

So glad you are OK...... I read stuff like this and a worry if my wife were to get caught in a summer shower.

It's interesting that all the resent events happens with the fronts picking up rather than the assumed rear.

I'm not reporting it. I limped it to my Dad's place and left it there.

• That's interesting what you said about your friend's front left wheel locking up, TEXAS SLING RIDER. I always assumed it was from a light vehicle with cold or worn tires that caused the hydroplaning and spins. And that it would be at the rear since there's so little weight on the rear and there's just one tire. But maybe it has something to do with the Stability Control freaking out when it completely loses traction? I mean, the only other way for the tire to lock would be to slam on the brakes, and even then, ABS should prevent it from locking.