processon - parade

• As many here might know by now, my wife is Filipino, what you dont know is that she is involved in a local filipino organization that provides charitable services to the community. well she came home last night from a meeting and apparently as a part of their philippine independence day which is June 12, they are having an event on Sunday June 11 and as a way to kick this event off they are having a procession / parade across town that will be led by motorcycle police officers. well last night they leaders of the organization that my Sara is a part of asked her to talk me into driving my slingshot in the parade. This is not something I would normally care much about doing, so I am curious what my friends here think about this, would you do it? Not really sure why I am on the fence about this, its just seems weird to me, I'm not normally the attention seeking kind of person and being that I'm not filipino it seems odd to me

Anyway I appreciate your thoughts

Thanks

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• If the folks who are leading the organization asked - then it seems the respectful thing to do - is to absolutely do it.

Ask where you fit in best, enjoy and be honored for the invite!

JM2C =)

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• What's to debate? The misses just gave you permission to buy "make pretty" parts for your Sling.

Start making your wish list!

never needed permission, and she has never needed my permission - - - being financially wise is something we have managed fairly well in our 26 years together, neither of us has ever had to worry that the other will waste what we have earned.

also my slingshot is already pretty so it really doesnt need anything and if I were going to make changes they would be "improve performance" changes not "make pretty" changes - - - I have never really much cared about changes I cant personally appreciate from the drivers seat :thumbsup:

• never needed permission, and she has never needed my permission - - - being financially wise is something we have managed fairly well in our 26 years together, neither of us has ever had to worry that the other will waste what we have earned.

also my slingshot is already pretty so it really doesnt need anything and if I were going to make changes they would be "improve performance" changes not "make pretty" changes - - - I have never really much cared about changes I cant personally appreciate from the drivers seat :thumbsup:

If she wishes to ride with you ... put her name and position with the group on a couple of small banners. Couple of bungees to hold them in place where you step in/out --- works well.

• If she wishes to ride with you ... put her name and position with the group on a couple of small banners. Couple of bungees to hold them in place where you step in/out --- works well.

unfortunately my wife has to go ahead to the endpoint of the precession to set up all of the vendors - the group is tapping into my wife's farmers market skills. On the bright side my daughter has agreed to ride with me which is why I have decided to go ahead and accept the invitation

• Neither my wife or I were Filipino but we belonged to the Fil Am (probably spelled wrong but who cares on this forum) when we were stationed in GTMO. A lot of the ladies my wife worked with were Filipino and many of my friends had Filipino wives so we went to many of their events. I love the food and there was a big dinner each month.

Your family will be proud that you are doing this and is something to remember.

If the music is to loud you are to old.