Side Fender Removal

• I think I have decided that I want to remove my side fenders.

I have scrubbed the forums looking for history of removing the side fenders and looking at options.

I am also seeking any knowledge on the work to remove these - seems easy?

I have found the Zarate Side Fender Delete Trim Kit and was wondering if there are other options out there that are working well for others.

https://zaratesteelworks.com/s…k2/v/SS-SPD-DL-HD-NVY-BL1

What stands out to me - is the top and bottom of this kit - are not fastened (or that is how the picture looks)

Looking for input - from this group that I have grown to respect so much.

Thanks in advance!

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• It is not a problem to remove the fenders/splash guards. I removed mine back when Stickerdick made the fiber glas front fenders.. I think that I was the first to do the install.. I took those off 3 or 4 years ago. I have never had a problem running without the fenders.

• The fender hole cover plate is actually held on with VHB tape. The screws are really just a back up - I painted mine white to blend in better. 4+ years and no issues.

mine is made of aluminum and painted with met. silver with clear coat over the silver. Mine is held on by the flat head polished stainless screws with the flathead ss washers.

• Shadrac , I removed my fenders a few months back and used the Zarate piece. It was the only one I could find at the time, but I do like it. It runs the entire length of the black panel. Some I seen stops a little short in my opinion. The piece fits well and the fender delete kit comes with self tapping screws to attach the part toward the very end. The part is pre drilled and uses the screws from the oem fenders. I did install a small piece of double sided tape at each end, just to make sure the part was against the tub, but I don’t think this is something you have to do. Zoom in on the picture towards the back of the part and you will see the self tapping screw that comes with the fender delete kit. Hope this helps.

• so far I have not bothered covering the fender mounting holes - - just hasn't been a priority

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Just a question.....with the fenders removed does it kick up more rocks and dirt up into the passenger compartment and also how about when it rains?

driving in a good rain I have noticed that the water will come up on the bottom of the hood where the fender used to be and then come in and drip on my left knee. but it has never been a big deal or something big enough that I would ever put the fenders back on

haven't noticed any rocks or dirt being kicked up

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Thank you all for the feedback!   
    I think I will be buying the Zarate part - after hearing what SlingSC, Edward Neal and others had to say.

I don't like the price but I like the look. ;)

I am slowly converting mine to a new color too - still want to find someone near me that could paint/wrap mine someday.

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.