Back in a Slingshot

• We decided after 2 years we wanted to get back into a slingshot. After trading my old one that I had highly customized and being pretty unhappy with the auto drive we got we decided on a 2023 Graphite blue/black R with a manual. It was kinda unfortunate to see they still haven’t fixed some of the basic issues after so many years. I just spent the last few hours trying to figure why the cruise wouldn’t work and I was getting a brake light switch erratic voltage error on my 1 day old SS. After some tinkering I think I finally got it adjusted so that my cruise finally works and the traction light hasn’t come on but took some delicate tweaking.

Now the next thing is to go in for service since the steering wheel is off by about 1 spline so it’s crooked when driving straight and there is some unknown error codes SPN516194 FMI:9 scared:39 error message whatever that means. Is that bad when the machines own diagnostics throw up their hands and go “ummm i don’t know” LOL. I think I’m gonna get the TricLED manual brake light switch and ditch that stilly magnetic switch they use to stave off future issues with it.

Otherwise the new ones drive really really nice and the new shifter and layout and ride command seems to be working pretty good.

Anyone rig up a generic headset to just pair with the ride command to trick the system into running car play?

Missed the community you guys and gals are awesome and I look forward to meeting up with everyone once again at some events in the future!

2023 Graphite Blue R Manual

2022 Tesla Mode 3 Performance

2020 Toyota Supra MK5 - way to many mods

2022 Harley Davidson Apex Road King

• Install a manual brake switch. As long as you have a drill motor and maybe a round file you can make a bracket for the switch. The reason the steering wheel is not centered is the front is out of alignment and you need to find someone to do a laser alignment.