Maggie '23 Roll Call!

• All packed, checked oil none needed. Heading to stay with a friend in Wells Maine for 2 days then leaving for SITS Saturday 9am. Going to be a long 1100 mile interstate ride but I'm making a few stops along the way. One stop is home town Easton Pa to click a pic of the Vietnam memorial and my name & rank on it. Been wanting to do that for years. Probably spend Saturday night someplace in Pa if I can find a room. Look forward to meeting everyone at Four Seasons Inn. Everyone ride safe!

• All packed, checked oil none needed. Heading to stay with a friend in Wells Maine for 2 days then leaving for SITS Saturday 9am. Going to be a long 1100 mile interstate ride but I'm making a few stops along the way. One stop is home town Easton Pa to click a pic of the Vietnam memorial and my name & rank on it. Been wanting to do that for years. Probably spend Saturday night someplace in Pa if I can find a room. Look forward to meeting everyone at Four Seasons Inn. Everyone ride safe!

You can almost throw a rock and hit my house from the Four Seasons - Welcome Neighbor

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Well with heavy heart I have to say another room is available at Four Seasons.

We have been watching weather and decided there will be another time. I don’t want to

get my wife or me sick, especially since she just had a heart stent installed on the 18th.Just too many changes with rainy week ahead.
    Just don’t want to ride that far to stay in hotel and then to ride back in rain. I remember seeing mytoy driving long way in rainy conditions.

I am really sad not seeing my SS family. I have been looking forward to seeing and meeting new friends.

Just remember, pics or didn’t happen!

Keep Three Wheels Down

• For those is you worrying about weather there are no guarantees BUT - I have lived here 2 years now and you just can’t predict this mountain weather. I can’t tell you how many times it was 50 - 60% chance of rain and it was a gorgeous day. Then other days the sky fell with 0% chance of rain. Only way to be sure of rain is walk outside - if ya get wet it’s raining - weathermen sure don’t know :00008172:

• For those is you worrying about weather there are no guarantees BUT - I have lived here 2 years now and you just can’t predict this mountain weather. I can’t tell you how many times it was 50 - 60% chance of rain and it was a gorgeous day. Then other days the sky fell with 0% chance of rain. Only way to be sure of rain is walk outside - if ya get wet it’s raining - weathermen sure don’t know :00008172:

From another mountain dweller "Hermit on a Hill"

I couldn't agree more I have watched storms roll thru the valley or just pass around the Blue Ridge in the distance - Ya just never know for sure

But what I drive now has a roof and windows so rain is not an issue............

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Well, last minute, but I'm coming too! That's not a threat.

Arriving Monday, leaving Saturday. I'm probably not going to do much inside the fairgrounds, so I'm not going to register. Figure I could pay day-entry for those days I need and then buy the t-shirt separately. A couple of us have an AirBnB a couple miles away so we're mostly just going to do our own thing. I already have the Freeman Map of the area so we'll check off a couple of those routes.

Bill Martin - Gotta get directions to your place to stop in and say Hi!

Arriving Monday, leaving Saturday. I'm probably not going to do much inside the fairgrounds, so I'm not going to register. Figure I could pay day-entry for those days I need and then buy the t-shirt separately. A couple of us have an AirBnB a couple miles away so we're mostly just going to do our own thing. I already have the Freeman Map of the area so we'll check off a couple of those routes.

Lookin forward to it - glad your coming!!

I am bring a stack of them to Maggie. Just pick them up at my Slingshot until I run out.

• At Wheels Through Time Museum they have great free maps (highly recommended if your into vintage scooters) - also the MV Tourism building on right coming into town. Plus loads of guys that know this area like the back of their hand!!

Just take the main drag in Maggie Valley (Soco Road) and turn down your radio. Then follow the Banjo Music or the yellow creek and you'll find in easily

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Just finished packing and leaving after work tomorrow. Will be stopping somewhere between Lexington and Knoxville for the night and hoping to pull into Maggie around lunch on Saturday. Our friends are driving the Vette and I am pulling the sling so we will have a few options for riding and if its raining the Ram will be the choice. See everyone soon