Trans swap questions

• I have a few questions if you have the time to answer. Did the solstice use the same automatic for the 2.0 Turbo and 2.4? I found a used 5L40 trans, pulled the pan and it was clean. Replaced the filter and the torque converter seal. The trans is on the floor how do I check fluid level and how do I put transmission fluid in it. Next question is the what is the part number for the spline shaft that needs to be changed going from a manual to automatic. What trans cooler do you attach the transmission lines to? To verify the check list do I need the following?

• Flex plate for 2.4 GM motor
    • Spline shaft
    • TCM2800
    • Electronic Shifter kit
    • External Transmission Cooler

Does this cover everything for the swap ?

• I have a few questions if you have the time to answer. Did the solstice use the same automatic for the 2.0 Turbo and 2.4? I found a used 5L40 trans, pulled the pan and it was clean. Replaced the filter and the torque converter seal. The trans is on the floor how do I check fluid level and how do I put transmission fluid in it. Next question is the what is the part number for the spline shaft that needs to be changed going from a manual to automatic. What trans cooler do you attach the transmission lines to? To verify the check list do I need the following?

• Flex plate for 2.4 GM motor
    • Spline shaft
    • TCM2800
    • Electronic Shifter kit
    • External Transmission Cooler

Does this cover everything for the swap ?

Let's send an alert to Dave at DDM. Dave@DDMWorks If anyone can answer the question he can. also here's his business web. https://www.ddmworks.com/

One of the BEST Slingshot venders

• Hello,

Hope this helps answer your questions -

Yes - the Solstice/Sky used the same automatic transmission for all years.

To check the transmission fluid level, you have to have the transmission installed and the vehicle level. Then you fill the transmission fluid until it comes out of the fill hole, start the vehicle and then fill the fluid up until it comes out of the fill plug again when warm. Put the plug back in and you are good to go.

What spline shaft are you talking about? Are you asking about the driveshaft from the transmission to the angle drive? If so, that is something we had custom made on all of the conversions we did.

The stock transmission cooler lines went into the stock radiator on the Solstice/Sky, which you can not do on the Slingshot without a custom made radiator. We used a universal transmission cooler from Summit.

Let me know if you need any other help, good luck with it!

Dave