New guy Boston

• Hey SS my name is Harlem but I’m from Boston,ma lol been doing alotta research for years on these SS I wanted one since they were released in 2015.now that I’m a bit older 31 lol I think I’m ready to pull the trigger on one but I can’t seem to find one in my price range $13,000 cash is the most I’m willing to pay because I know I’m going to have to pay to get it shipped to me. I also have 1 more confession I have a r6 a couple of dirt bikes And a super Moto but I have very little experience with driving a manual cars😂 but I’m sure it won’t be hard anything I need to know about these things p.s I’m looking for older slings don’t care where it is in the us preferable close to stock so I can have the joys of doing my own mods but I’m not really picky.

• Welcome to the group!

Now is a good time to buy, prices are lower and will only go up as spring gets here. 13 might be a stretch. I did see a fixer up in the past week had a lot of missing front end parts for like 11k - I also know about this one in CO that's a 2015 with less than 7k miles for 15.5k - https://www.facebook.com/comme…id=0&ref=share_attachment

Good luck in your search for one!

• Harlem8197 - Welcome to the best forum for Slingshot information on the planet! There are a to of helpful people here to answer pretty much any questions you have, if there is anything I can answer, just let me know, happy to help - You can send a message here, email - Dave@ddmworks.com or give us a call 864-438-4949.

Good luck finding your Slingshot and don't be concerned with higher mileage if the Slingshot has been taken care of.

• Hey SS my name is Harlem but I’m from Boston,ma lol been doing alotta research for years on these SS I wanted one since they were released in 2015.now that I’m a bit older 31 lol I think I’m ready to pull the trigger on one but I can’t seem to find one in my price range $13,000 cash is the most I’m willing to pay because I know I’m going to have to pay to get it shipped to me. I also have 1 more confession I have a r6 a couple of dirt bikes And a super Moto but I have very little experience with driving a manual cars😂 but I’m sure it won’t be hard anything I need to know about these things p.s I’m looking for older slings don’t care where it is in the us preferable close to stock so I can have the joys of doing my own mods but I’m not really picky.

Harlem glad you made it over ... Check in here from time to time and you will get to know a lot of the people who are active .

Welcome Harlem8197 You're on the right track. Buying used is a way to save some bank, and patience and persistence should find the right machine for you. The GM 2.4 Ecotec is a solid platform, and I would consider anything that has not been obviously abused. Most of them have not. I just hope you didn't wait too long. I mean, geez, you're almost a fossil at 31! With regard to your price, that's where patience comes in. If you do find something close to that, you better be ready to jump yesterday. As far as not having experience with a manual, I'd say yes you do. You just need to do the same things as your bikes but with your feet. Best of luck to you!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Lol thanks for the confidence booster finding the catch point with ur feet is a lil different from your fingers my biggest fear is getting one an getting caught at a red light on a hill an yeah I might save a little more cause I see they go quick I seen an orange one yesterday for 13,000 in Florida today it’s gone 😢 I will definitely be quicker just want to have one before the summer comes an people think they have a new corvette c8 price tag on them lol I’ve noticed that there value holds but nothing like the value of the t-Rex lol

• Welcome Harlem of Boston.....Just like any purchase of any vehicle and at 31 you still have many more years LOL to purchase any Toy..

I am 71 and sure do not have as many years left as you for purchasing Toys...

And it was 2015 I purchased new SS and cut it apart to make my own design ..

But mine has been turbo'ed since new from dealer and has never been beat on but I probably would not buy used turbo SS

from anyone knowing most have been probably used hard..

But with your dollars you have to spend you are at low end of A Slingshot purchasing ..

So if you have any chance to afford a loan it may be worth that direction so that you can fall into seat

of newer Slingshot and less mileage one and have less concern of a fixer up unless you are

mechanically able to do most the work yourself..

Few thoughts for you to consider and I do remember going to finance company back in 70's

for loan to put new transmission back in my 1968 427 Corvette..

But hope you can pull it off and enjoy the start of your toy collection ..

• Thanks I just paid off my car so I don’t really wanna go back down that road for a toy 5 long years of hell never again everyday I wanted to quit my job 😂😂 but couldn’t cause of the damm car note all my toys I have now we’re all cash sales an the super moto ktm 22 was a cash deal steal basically lol had zero miles right out the create but I doubt I’ll be able to find a deal like that again I honestly don’t care for a newer sling because I heard that the older ones were better an now the new engines are made by Polaris I rather have that old car engine in it I can work on a car better then w.e they have done to the newer ones

• Hey Harlem! Southern NH guy here!

As far as which engine is better... Its kind of like a Ford or Chevy thing you will here stories on both sides. At your price range realistically you are looking at the Eco tech model.

As far as driving a stick vs how it is riding a bike.. Yes it is different but should take ya 5 minutes of driving to learn the clutch grab point and you should be good to go.

I tend to put a lot of miles on my bikes and now my SS so as we plan rides will let you know and you can ride your bike or jump in!

If winners never quit and quitter never win, Why do we tell people to quit while they are ahead? :00000003:

• Kenerg thanks man I’m looking forward to finding this new toy how long have you had yours ?an what year ? what do you like an don’t like about it ? for the years I’m looking at the seats look uncomfortable stock is this true I think I’m just going to visit a dealer an sit in one for myself but I also don’t want to go to a dealer an come out with one financed on an impulse buy when I know I will be a slave to the work force again 😭 I want to be able to actually enjoy it and not be in someone’s attic on a service call for no a/c in the dead summer not gonna happen. Funny story I was drunk went into the pet store to by my ball pytons some feeders came out with a 450 dollar pied ball python I know me an I don’t wanna do it 🤦‍♂️. Sales people will pressure u 😂.

• Kenerg thanks man I’m looking forward to finding this new toy how long have you had yours ?an what year ? what do you like an don’t like about it ? for the years I’m looking at the seats look uncomfortable stock is this true I think I’m just going to visit a dealer an sit in one for myself but I also don’t want to go to a dealer an come out with one financed on an impulse buy when I know I will be a slave to the work force again 😭 I want to be able to actually enjoy it and not be in someone’s attic on a service call for no a/c in the dead summer not gonna happen. Funny story I was drunk went into the pet store to by my ball pytons some feeders came out with a 450 dollar pied ball python I know me an I don’t wanna do it 🤦‍♂️. Sales people will pressure u 😂.

The guys here WONT pressure you to put a new mods on your Slingshot...we'll just introduce you to all kinds of neat stuff. Me --- my favorate MOD in gas to go down the road and thru the mountians.

Ha.. I have owned it a month.. its a 2022 R. I have under 100 miles at the moment. I went three-wheeled this year because I cant ride a motorcycle anymore and my wife doesnt want me riding bitch..

I will say the sport seats in mine are quite comfortable. some say the ride is rough but I disagree. Its no Caddy but its not hardtail either.

If you can make it to some meet up and rides get in one and go for a spin or rent for day. if you are not 100% on what the ride is going to be like.

If winners never quit and quitter never win, Why do we tell people to quit while they are ahead? :00000003:

• Kenerg i don’t want to think about a wife at this point in my life lol I have a girlfriend that lives with me an hates that I have a super Moto in the kitchen as decor for the winter months she doesn’t know about my sneaky buy just yet I’m just going to have it dropped off an I plan on buying one of those big red bows for it an act like it was a gift from the parents or something. We don’t have joint accounts for a reason 😂😂😂

• If you can make it to some meet up and rides get in one and go for a spin or rent for day.

Ya,...........

just leave the fukkin' snakes HOME!!!

:00008172::00008356::00008172::00008356::00008040:

There is a beautiful used one for sale in Warren MA.

Older woman owns it.

Wicked nice lady, and it has a few mods which you would probably want.

Low miles.

A bit out of your price range, but worth a call.

Her husband is Mike, owner of Mike's Automotive in Warren.

That's where the SS is.

It's gorgeous!!

413-436-5706

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Harlem8197 just be advised that what Kenerg has the 2022R is the Newest and Top of the Line Slingshot of Polaris, which is the same one that I myself own now, and it is By Far Nicer and Better than the Older Original Base Slingshots ????? Just beware these are Apple's and Oranges Apart , regarding Ride, Accessories, Handling and Performance!!!!