Radio discussion

• Hello all, So as I look to next season and get some smaller things set up one of them is radio. My 2022 has the dash-mounted tweeters and kick panels.

What is everyone doing for upgrades and or add-ons. I am not looking to swap out the deck or anything but just a single set of front speakers barely cuts it.

As I lok at tops I see a lot with speaker enclosures and whatnot. Is there additional line outs on the factory head unit to handle rear speakers?

possible smaller sub-options for behind the seat and needing an input for those I assume the factory head unit doesn't have any 5 volt rca jacks.

Also these seem like simple questions and usually, there are wiring diagrams and or info but struggling to find it. Is there a factory wiring diagram published? for a 2022?

If winners never quit and quitter never win, Why do we tell people to quit while they are ahead? :00000003:

• You can used a line-out converter to pull from the output speaker wires on the radio to change into an RCA input for the Amp if needed. There are also Amps that will accept speaker level inputs so look around. Not hard to do.

Someone here should have the wiring diagram so you know exactly what wires are the speakers. Many people keep the stock head unit and just run separate replacement amps and speakers.

Easiest speaker route is to replace the fronts and then put in the headrest pods & speakers to give you 4 speakers. Subwoofers are usually added to either 1 or both of the behind seat cubbies, if you want

I'm running a small Kenwood 300w 4 channel marine amp running 4 x 6.5" 2-way Kickers in the kick panels and headrest pods and it's awesome for me. I won't win any sound competitions, but I can hear it at 70+mph over my turbo and exhaust.

• Polaris did add the wiring harness for their speakers for the rear speakers that just replaces the roll hoop covers on the back and plugs in directly from the 2021 year and newer models!

Little expensive but you can choose your color options also, and you probably have or will get some coupons from Polaris for discounts on parts and accessories!!

• You can used a line-out converter to pull from the output speaker wires on the radio to change into an RCA input for the Amp if needed. There are also Amps that will accept speaker level inputs so look around. Not hard to do....

One thing to think of with these converters is how serious you are about sound.

The ones linked above will get the job done, and if I were more serious about more audio in my slingshot I would go this route.

For my car I have a more serious setup. I use a AudioControl LC7i which helps restore bass frequencies that are lost when you raise volume as most consumer grade audio equipment roll off the bass as you volume rises.

• If adding amps to a factory head unit, I recommend these.

The Dayton DSP-408 accepts both low level and high level inputs. It is a full DSP unit that you can adjust everything.

I also recommend buying the bluetooth dongle. This will allow all changes to be done wireless via Dayton's app.

For the $$, it can't be beat for this application.

https://www.amazon.com/Dayton-…-Processor/dp/B07D3H5X5V/

https://www.amazon.com/Dayton-…-Streaming/dp/B07FNC6L34/

• One thing to think of with these converters is how serious you are about sound.

The ones linked above will get the job done, and if I were more serious about more audio in my slingshot I would go this route.

For my car I have a more serious setup. I use a AudioControl LC7i which helps restore bass frequencies that are lost when you raise volume as most consumer grade audio equipment roll off the bass as you volume rises.

Agree. My point was just to show that there are things out there that can do it from the stock head unit.

• One thing to think of with these converters is how serious you are about sound.

Have one of those and some JL under dash subs I'd let go for cheap if someone near me and didn't have to ship :)