NEW PRODUCT!!! - DDMWorks Rear Wilwood Brake Upgrade

• So this doesn't get officially released until later today, but wanted to offer the forum members a little sneak peak of what is coming out later today.

Rear kit will be $629, introductory sale price of $579!

https://www.ddmworks.com/Wilwo…is-Slingshot-_p_3053.html

Here is the description -

Rear Brake Upgrade for Polaris Slingshot from Starline. DDMWorks continues to break new ground and offer the best brake upgrades for the Polaris Slingshot with our Wilwood rear caliper brake upgrade kit. This kit is designed to work in conjunction with our front Wilwood kit to give a more balanced brake setup that also deliver great looks.

The stock brake system on the Slingshot is known as a weak point for performance and although just upgrading the brake pads makes a huge difference, this upgrade paired with the front upgrade makes you feel like you can stop on a dime, taking you to another level in braking ability. The kit uses a 4 piston Wilwood caliper, separate parking brake caliper, mounting bracket and pads that offer a direct bolt on upgrade to the Slingshot with no drilling, cutting or modifications needed. The custom designed bracket allows the caliper upgrade to install with any stock size rotor*. Fitment with a stock size brake rotor means the kit fits under any stock size wheel or larger we have tested.

The Wilwood DynaPro series four piston calipers with forged billet bodies provide higher-strength clamping force and positive stopping power compared to other lower quality calipers used in other kits. The Wilwood calipers in our kit also use stainless steel pistons to provide fully balanced pad loading, corrosion resistance and thermal retardant qualities. These features keep your calipers cooler and running trouble free for more miles while also looking great under your wheels.

This unique brake setup puts you in control of how you want your setup to look. If you want to use the stock Polaris Slingshot 1 or 2 piece brake rotors or any other stock size aftermarket replacement they will fit with this kit. If you really want to create a custom look and stand out from the crowd, you can go with our DDMWorks 2 piece lightweight rotors. The standard caliper colors are Gloss Black or Gloss Red, but we also offer powdercoat options in many Slingshot colors so you can get that perfect custom look on your ride.

The brake pads that come with the kit are the Wilwood BP-10 pads that offer great friction at the operating range and temperature that is most common on the Slingshot. If you plan on doing track days or want higher performance, we also offer a Hawk pad upgrade as an option. Have questions which is the best for you, just call and ask, we are happy to help.

* Stock size rotors are approx. 11.75" in diameter, if you are not sure if you have stock Polaris Slingshot size rotors, contact us, we are happy to help you determine what you have.

FITS: All Years Polaris Slingshot with stock 11.75" diameter rotors Includes 1 Wilwood DynaPro series four piston caliper. Includes 1 Wilwood DynaPro series Parking brake caliper. Includes a set Wilwood brake pads Includes Custom mounting bracket allowing simple installation to the Polaris Slingshot with no cutting, drilling or other modifications Includes hardware required for installation Custom Powder coat options available! https://www.ddmworks.com/Wilwo…is-Slingshot-_p_3053.html

• I ordered the rear brake kit, and printed out the instructions so I can get familiar with the installation. My slingshot is currently up on jack stands, and while i was under the vehicle I noticed a few things.

One issue is that my swingarm (2019 model year), does not have a tapped hole on the front side of the swingarm to secure the cable with a P-clamp. It's not a big deal, because I am willing to drill and tap a hole to secure the brake cable, if necessary.

The second issue is that I have the DDMWorks angle drive brace. Re-routing the brake cable over the angle drive brace looks like it may be an issue. Given that the cable comes off of the brake handle assembly at about a 35 degree angle downward, and he angle drive brace is only about 8 or 9 inches from where the cable originates. I don't see the cable being able to make the bends. I can picture the routing of the cable over the angle drive, if the brace was not in the way. At best the cable is going to be pressing hard on the edge of the brace. I may be wrong, but I guess I won't know until I try.

Here are some pic's for perspective.

• Thanks for the feedback, I will make sure to update the instructions.

We include enough clamps for both holes on the top of the swingarm, but those with the updated or newer swingarm can use one hole to hold the cable.

The parking brake cable will route correctly with or without the DDMWorks angle drive brace or the ZZP one. We have tested with both of them installed. This is the same routing of that cable that we have used for our big brake kit since 2015 with no issues. The cable will rest on the angle drive brace, if that is a concern a rubber hose could be wrapped around the cable to provide a little bit of extra protection. It is a good idea and something that we will update on the kit to give some more piece of mind. If you need a picture of the routing going over the brace, just let me know, I can go out to ours and take a couple pictures.

Thanks again for the feedback, looking forward to seeing it installed!

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Dave

• Thank you for the info.

• My rear calipers install is complete. When I ran the cable up over the swing arm, and thought that was where the cable was going to rest. However, after bolting up the calipers, I had to push the cable towards the front of the vehicle to connect the end of the cable into the parking brake caliper bracket. This made the cable rest in a much more comfortable position, which starts out along side the right angle brace, instead of over the top like I was concerned about.. I still added a section of rubber hose over the cable anyway.

• So Dave....

Old buddy old pal......

If I buy the Wildwood front and rear setup.......

Would you install them for me at SSITS?.......

FO FWEE???............

:00000441:

(Hey.......did EJ win my Supercharger??)

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Crickets..................................

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Hey there, sorry for missing this before.

I am not sure what we charge for the install right off, I can check and let you know when they get back tomorrow. I know we have a lot of time already booked for Maggie with some turbo installs and LED's, but if we can get you in, would be happy to do the install.