BOSS BRRC14 install

• In hindsight I probably would have purchased a bluetooth marine amp along with speakers instead of going with this soundbar.

I first wanted to install it to the back section of the Gull wing roof, but the mounting brackets were too wide.

So when looking to install it to the front the brackets (along with the rubber spacers) was too thick to fit under the plexiglass, so I ended up getting the brackets from Axis Alloys to install a 2nd bar. The brackets were about $100 for the whole kit & kaboodle. Add to that 12 gauge wire to extend the reach of the cable so I can keep it as out of sight as possible, ferrite beads to quell the electrical buzz, the 2nd pipe was $15 and a few other things.

This type of soundbar requires 15 amps for power and my 2nd fuse box maxed out at 10. It also requires a switched power source, which I wired into my secondary fuse box.

I mounted the included remote to the radio cubby, in hindsight I would have primered the hell out of it as you can see the wood (plywood) if you look closely.

The unit was $299. In total I have a bit under $400 for the full install. Took me a few weeks as I would do some work, find a problem, buy parts, do more work find another problem rinse and repeat.

I've yet to drive with it, so I'm not sure how much visibility will be affected. I'm fairly confident I'll be able to hear it.