• In 2015 riding the SS in the Spring, I fueled her up and rode home.

When I got out in my garage, I noticed the absent gas cap.

Rode back to the station, and saw it on the side of the road.

Still rockin' the same cap!!

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

funny! Kind of the same thing happened to us in Yosemite. Some people pulled us over at a stoplight and said something went flying off the back at the turnstile. This happened a couple of years ago and we had some really nice people help us look for it and actually find it.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• A few years back I got distracted by a pretty girl. Left the station and had that funny feeling. Pulled over and yep, it was lost. Back tracked a few miles and it was in the middle of a four lane highway (on the yellow lines). Untouched. This fits prefect. You can get it at Lowes in the mower dept & most likely many hardware stores. I keep it as a spare in the behind seat storage just in case.

• I still have my original cap, but these days it sits in the glove box as a backup to the DDM cap I replaced it with

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

funny! Kind of the same thing happened to us in Yosemite. Some people pulled us over at a stoplight and said something went flying off the back at the turnstile. This happened a couple of years ago and we had some really nice people help us look for it and actually find it.

• When the nozzle comes out the cap goes on. That's an $89 Assault gas cap so I keep track of it like my $165 pocket knife. I guess I'm not HARD CORE. And I've never rashed my helmet or leathers on my Slingshot so I can't claim that. I did hit my knee pretty hard one day getting out. Does that count?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• When the nozzle comes out the cap goes on. That's an $89 Assault gas cap so I keep track of it like my $165 pocket knife. I guess I'm not HARD CORE. And I've never rashed my helmet or leathers on my Slingshot so I can't claim that. I did hit my knee pretty hard one day getting out. Does that count?

Nice rack! Where'd you get it. Hah^^ I still get lots of compliments and inquires.

• well, thought I was gonna be the first to say I had to replace one. Filled and forgot... and there was no going back to find it as it was a group ride across the state and didn't find it until the next fill up. Replaced it with a pearl black painted to match, now have a plain backup in the side bag just because. I've never had to use it since as I sit the painted one in the seat with each fill up but I have had to loan it out to others that had to learn the same lesson over the years.

• Nice rack! Where'd you get it. Hah^^ I still get lots of compliments and inquires.

Very cool Frankie55 ! Production has been discontinued and I'm pretty sure the value of your racks has skyrocketed due to the low production numbers making them quite rare!

I do have one set for a 2015/16 Sling if anyone missed out. I'm asking $3,500 but will consider offers.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Just bit the bullet and bought one from Slingmods and will put it on the floor when I gas up. I used the cap off my Craftsman riding tractor, rode to a friend's picnic in Ohio and back, no problems. After paying 80.00 for a gas cap I still have to buy the rubber washer....

• Just bit the bullet and bought one from Slingmods and will put it on the floor when I gas up. I used the cap off my Craftsman riding tractor, rode to a friend's picnic in Ohio and back, no problems. After paying 80.00 for a gas cap I still have to buy the rubber washer....

You don't need the rubber washer... Been running since Maggie Valley 4,000 miles without one.

• The original gas cap on my 2015 is interchangeable with cap from 2015 Polaris RZR. Not fancy but much cheaper. I had a tether on the original, but then was gifted a red one so it goes in the driver's seat when I fuel up.