Slingshade install on 2015 sl

• I'm wanting to install a slingshade on my 15 sl. I know it wasn't offered for my year due to the roll bar mounting provisions not being cast into them but polaris offers an updated kit you can buy which I plan on ordering. My big question is, I see there are two distinct part numbers when ordering a shade (if you can even find one these days). 2882250-676 which is for 17-19 and 2889831-676 which is for 20 to current. I called polaris and they said the 20 to current ones were a light weight variant due to addressing the gvw issues when registration became autocycle. I don't know if this is the true reason for the part number change or not. I believe all mounting is the same so I wander if anyone knows the difference between the two for certain, and if either part number will fit which i have been told will. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• I'm wanting to install a slingshade on my 15 sl. I know it wasn't offered for my year due to the roll bar mounting provisions not being cast into them but polaris offers an updated kit you can buy which I plan on ordering. My big question is, I see there are two distinct part numbers when ordering a shade (if you can even find one these days). 2882250-676 which is for 17-19 and 2889831-676 which is for 20 to current. I called polaris and they said the 20 to current ones were a light weight variant due to addressing the gvw issues when registration became autocycle. I don't know if this is the true reason for the part number change or not. I believe all mounting is the same so I wander if anyone knows the difference between the two for certain, and if either part number will fit which i have been told will. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Your Slingshot is a 2015...and two choices are 2017-19 or 2020 +, There were some changes in the roll bars, not sure exactly but you may need to change out the roll bars from the 2017 - 19 model to get the unit to fit.

• EjFord is correct regarding the roll bars, prior to the 2017 models the roll bars were not pre-drilled and tapped for the Slingshade rear mounting brackets?? I'm not sure what the changes were on the 2020 + cause I installed one on my 2018, 2020, and now the 2022, and did not notice any changes other than the fiberglass top doors seems to be more sturdy?

• Thanks for all the info, so in your opinion you would order the most current slingshade due to it felt like it was a better construction?

Well, I believe the reason they are showing different part numbers for the Slingshades is probably they have some leftovers in the original part number with specific color codes that were available in those year models?

You will probably know when you get the prices for the two different part numbers, since there were definitely increases in prices for the Newer models? I would weigh out the differences in prices more than the construction, ?

• If you believe that the newer pn has heaver meterial is the weights of the two part numbers available? that might be a clue.

Maybe not heavier materials but possibly a better composite of the materials? I still believe that the part numbers are just Older stock versus the new stock, because as I mentioned earlier that I installed one on my 2018 and 2020 and 2022, and the fitment and instructions were the same??

• I really been wanting a Slingshade and there was a new Slingshot on the dealer's showroom floor. So I went ahead and tried getting in and out. No problem and I liked the top but thought it was awful flimsy. Had a lot of gaps closed but maybe that was just a poor install. For the price I won't be buying one.

BTW I was there for a service call with my autodrive selector buttons not acting right and it going to neutral sometimes when I stop then not shifting. They said it was the brake switch and a warranty item. Drive it home as they had no room in the inn and if it quit call them and they would show up with a trailed.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Chances of being successful doing this, but stranger things have happened. If you have a used motorcycle salvage yard close by, they might be able to search to see if any other yard has an undamaged one from a wreck (non-rollover) that they could get you pictures of before you were to buy it. You might even be able to buy the 2 roll bars to mount the roof so you wouldn't have to modify the ones you already have. Just a thought.

Or check eBay for the name of one of them (bike salvage yard) that sells parts on eBay to see if they could find you one

Good luck

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• The roll hoops are a 630 dollar kit, comes with the bezels polaris pat #2889423. I haven't had much luck on ebay finding used ones cheaper. I have heard alot of fitment issues with the slingshade, but unfortunately it's the only roof I like and am willing to take the chance. The newer part number shade of the 20-current are supposed to be the "light weight" versions per the conversion i had with polaris. My biggest concern is finding one. My local dealer didn't seem like they wanted to order one due to "no date given for delivery" and a place I found online said I am better off getting it from a local dealer due to the high probability of shipping damage, but I could order it from him with an up to 6 week lead time. One more question I have is all red pearl the same between years? I have heard both yes and they are slightly different. Hopefully the paint code (676) red pearl is all the same so I don’t have to worry about that.

• bzeitler , you can check the red pearl color code for example of your front hood or side panels, and if the same color code numbers match you should be fine? Are you trying to match the roof color same as Slingshot, pearl red, then this could be the problem trying to get the Slingshade??

If you were to consider a different color Slingshade, maybe Gloss Black or Pearl Black or Flat Black, they could have some of those in stock at the Polaris warehouse ready to ship?

• I was thinking about a different color , but I think the red looks the best as there is plenty of black to accent it already. Red pearl is a pretty popular color amongst the slingshot, its not as unique as some of the more recent colors. I was just curious if anyone has noticed a difference along the years with the red pearl color. I live in Wisconsin and there aren't that many around where I live to compare. I'm pretty sure I'll be fine, but just wondering if anyone has seen an older red pearl next to a newer red pearl.

• does anyone know of anywhere to get one right now?

Anything Polaris Slingshot is going to be a long wait. I at my dealers for an oil change and talked at length to the Sales manager. Nielsen's is one of the top Slingshot sales dealers in the USA. They have only sold 15 this year ---all they could get. Normally they sell 60 to 75 units a year.

• What was the reason given?

Bill

The only one they did NOT blame was TRUMP. A lot of the problem is all the special ordering... They could not keep up when they had two or three models and now you can pick and chose which slows down production.. Henry Ford said you can have any color you want .... BLACK.