What do you carry

• I was visiting with my 82 year old mother and 84 year old dad yesterday and he announced he was ready to part with his guns. He was the sheriff for 12 years and has a rather large collection of commemorative edition Smith and Wesson pistols and Weatherby rifles. I'll try to get some pics and post them but I'm not sure what if anything will be available for sale after all the siblings buy what they want.

• I was visiting with my 82 year old mother and 84 year old dad yesterday and he announced he was ready to part with his guns. He was the sheriff for 12 years and has a rather large collection of commerative edition Smith and Wesson pistols and Weatherby rifles. I'll try to get some pics and post them but I'm not sure what if anything will be available for sale after all the siblings buy what they want.

PM sent.

• So sorry to hear about your folks Kevin! Will say a prayer for them tonite. Gotta make it back up your way to have another drink in your dads bar. How many of us are lucky enough for their dads to own a BAR!!! :thumbsup:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I'm sad hearing that. I hope he can experience life's equivalent to an Indian Summer for some years to come.

Indian Summer for us in the North occurs in the Fall or early Winter when happy thoughts of Summer have all but faded. When the trees and wildlife have retreated for a death-like hibernation. The Indian Summer sweeps in, giving us a great moment of warmth, the birds seem to come from nowhere to sing their happy songs, the browning grass turns to green, a glow and happiness is shown on everyones faces as we enjoy what we thought we lost to the cold, depressing, dark of Winter. We head out and enjoy those things we didn't think would be possible at this moment. As the Sun shines, the birds sing, we are happy and thankful that we could enjoy a few more great moments with friends and family before the cold sets in. :)

• I'm sad hearing that. I hope he can experience life's equivalent to an Indian Summer for some years to come.

Indian Summer for us in the North occurs in the Fall or early Winter when happy thoughts of Summer have all but faded. When the trees and wildlife have retreated for a death-like hibernation. The Indian Summer sweeps in, giving us a great moment of warmth, the birds seem to come from nowhere to sing their happy songs, the browning grass turns to green, a glow and happiness is shown on everyones faces as we enjoy what we thought we lost to the cold, depressing, dark of Winter. We head out and enjoy those things we didn't think would be possible at this moment. As the Sun shines, the birds sing, we are happy and thankful that we could enjoy a few more great moments with friends and family before the cold sets in. :)

WOW!! That caused a lump in my throat!! Great analogy @WOLF - that really warms the heart!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• @Slunglow, our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family!!! @WOLF said it better than I could ever hope to!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I was visiting with my 82 year old mother and 84 year old dad yesterday and he announced he was ready to part with his guns. He was the sheriff for 12 years and has a rather large collection of commemorative edition Smith and Wesson pistols and Weatherby rifles. I'll try to get some pics and post them but I'm not sure what if anything will be available for sale after all the siblings buy what they want.

I look forward to seeing any of the guns that would be available. Buying them is a weakness I have.... and not a weakness that is likely to go away soon.

I'm sorry about your dad, but thankful you have them both still. I lost my mom May 1st this year, after a very long illness. She was nearly 84. Dad had Parkinson's, and passed nearly 6 years ago at 78. I know what you are going thru with that firsthand. I will be praying for you and the family.... especially your mom and dad.

Thanks for the kind words @WOLF @Bill Martin @KayTwo @Tripod @roadog1aj and @Goats_Hogs and everyone else. Dad can still communicate with us but in the last 2 years he has gone from driving his truck anywhere he wanted to barely being able to feed himself from a wheel chair. But I realize we are lucky to still have them both at their age many people lose their parents at a much younger age. I'm just going to do what I can to enjoy what time we have left with them. :)

• My parents have recently decided to sell most of my fathers gun collection in order to offset the cost of his in home healthcare. This past weekend my mother gave me a partial list of firearms my father has decided to part with. I have not yet had a chance to inspect every gun but one pistol that did catch my eye was an Intratec model TEC-9. I was a huge "Miami Vice" fan back in the day and all the bad guys on the show had fully auto TEC-9's. To this day I still own my 1978 Wellcraft Scarab 30. I may have to outbid my brother on this one.

P.S. No my white Armani jacket is not for sale ;)