What do you carry

• I knew a guy that kept a gun in his truck... He's dead now. Didn't happen to long ago. Guy who killed him got caught and hung himself in his cell.

Wasn’t planning on leaving it in the truck - wherever it goes.....I go.....if it can’t go.....I don’t go :00008359::00008359:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Wasn’t planning on leaving it in the truck - wherever it goes.....I go.....if it can’t go.....I don’t go :00008359::00008359:

I'm that way too, other than the grand kids sporting events. Law was changed here awhile back to where you can CCW onto school grounds but must lock it in your vehicle out of sight when leaving the vehicle. I don't want to risk a felony, and I will go see the grand kids play.... so there's that.

• First thing I'd have to do is build a better slingshot roof, this one vibrates to much going down the road to attach anything to it, then a turret and remote dash cam for the scope.

• Thankfully our rights to carry a loaded long gun in or on you vehicle or person in my home state have never been infringed. Hand guns are a different story. They think you need to pay a fee to exercise your 2nd amendment rights. Soon they will start selling permits for "free speech"!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Thankfully our rights to carry a loaded long gun in or on you vehicle or person in my home state have never been infringed. Hand guns are a different story. They think you need to pay a fee to exercise your 2nd amendment rights. Soon they will start selling permits for "free speech"!

That's exactly what Texas did, It use to cost about 250.00 to get your permit, then they took your photo and finger prints just like they do a real criminal. As long as we had Governor Perry we was never going to get open carry and when the new gov came in he ran on open carry but when he got elected he said "oh that's not very high on my list". Only when everyone jumped on his sorry ass did we get open carry.

We have open carry here in MI but RARELY do you ever see anyone open carrying. I think I spent about $250 on my CPL between the class, state fee, and finger prints. I personally never open carry. I think it's a terrible idea but to each their own.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

Edited once, last by Kyle D ().

• We have open carry here in Washington but like most states, few carry open and are subject to scrutiny by law enforcement when they do. I will open carry when on my way to and from hunting trips but it is, in my opinion, counter-productive to self-defense. The whole purpose of concealed carry is confidence and element of surprise if it is necessary to deploy a weapon. If it is in sight, you will be the first target and the intention will be to take you out and/or liberate your firearm. Bad Mojo!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• We have open carry here in MI but RARELY do you ever see anyone open carrying. I think I spent about $250 on my CPL between the class, state fee, and finger prints. I personally never open carry unless. I think it's a terrible idea but to each their own.

I have to agree with Kyle here - I think open carry is a terrible idea, not the least is that if there is a bad guy in the area, you are giving away your advantage. I see a gun openly displayed on your hip as a sign that says: "Shoot me first!".

I like concealed carry, I like the idea that you should be required to take a class that informs you about the law and your responsibility in carrying a firearm. It is way to easy to effectively end your life as you know it by squeezing a trigger.

For me, open carry means that on my ranch, I always have my Walther on my hip. I'm isolated enough that none of my neighbors would be disturbed by gunfire, nor would they hear screaming. In my home, I am my own first responder, and that means being armed at all times. We also have coyotes, bear, cougars, badgers, bobcats, snakes, spiders the size of coffee saucers...

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.