What do you carry

• Here is what the Democrats are trying to push through here in Oregon right now as I write this:

http://www.writerbeat.com/arti…es-S-501-Gun-Control-Bill

In other words, the Democrats are fully intended on making criminals out of most of the already law-abiding gun owning citizens in Oregon. I wonder where they are planning on getting the money to build all the extra jails that are going to be need?

Bill

• War Hoop The PSA stuff looks cool. I've been looking at their 9mm version of that. Reviews seem to be all over the place with the 9mm version. Some say it's great and others site poor feeding and lots of FTEs but that could just be people using shitty ammo. I have one of these made by Springfield Armory called the Saint. I initially bought it in 556 and when they released it this year, maybe late last year, in 300Blk I got that also since they do not sell the uppers separately and I absolutely love them both. I've gravitated towards the 300 model since it is so quiet suppressed. You can see them here https://www.springfield-armory…int-ar-15-pistol-300-blk/

Bill Martin The FN57 is a cool firearm. I wanted one really bad for a while. I looked at them briefly. They're costly and with only a couple companies making the ammo, they are not cheap to run. I rented one from a local range to try it before I bought it. The gun functioned great and was great to shoot. But the high cost of ammo on top of it didn't feel good in my hand kept be from buying one. If it isn't comfortable in your paw, you will likely not be very proficient with it or you'll shoot it less because your other guns fit your hand better. To me the grip just felt like a box. Great gun.......just not for me.

I bought and built this rifle from PSA from parts, works very well. If I buy that pistol parts kit from PSA all I have to do is put that built pistol kit on the lower of the rifle and I'll have a pistol and rifle using the same lower. I will be able to change from rifle to pistol in less then a minute.

• I just want to give a big thumbs up to the people over at Hi-Point

So, a long time ago I owned one of their pistols. What a horrible creation. It was really only useful as a club.

Funny side story, a cop friend of ours got jumped by a couple of punks carrying one of the Hi-Point pistols, they got one shot off, and couldn't get another one, so he took the gun away and beat one of them into the hospital with it. Upon later inspection, the gun's safety was on, but the design of the gun is such as you can fire the round in the chamber with the safety on, but the slide will not cycle because the safety actually manually lock the slide. What a piece of junk.

Anyway, that's not why I was commenting, I was actually wanting to ask how you like the carbine. I've actually heard a couple of half-decent things about it, but not from people I know or anything, so I haven't really paid much attention. Does it cycle and function without problem? Is it fairly accurate? How do you like it?

• So, a long time ago I owned one of their pistols. What a horrible creation. It was really only useful as a club.

Funny side story, a cop friend of ours got jumped by a couple of punks carrying one of the Hi-Point pistols, they got one shot off, and couldn't get another one, so he took the gun away and beat one of them into the hospital with it. Upon later inspection, the gun's safety was on, but the design of the gun is such as you can fire the round in the chamber with the safety on, but the slide will not cycle because the safety actually manually lock the slide. What a piece of junk.

Anyway, that's not why I was commenting, I was actually wanting to ask how you like the carbine. I've actually heard a couple of half-decent things about it, but not from people I know or anything, so I haven't really paid much attention. Does it cycle and function without problem? Is it fairly accurate? How do you like it?

You have that right KayTwo

• So, a long time ago I owned one of their pistols. What a horrible creation. It was really only useful as a club.

I have never had an issue - has functioned perfectly with every type of ammo I have thrown at it. It isnt the sexiest gun out there , but in a 9mm carbine there are not many options you can even get in california, I also love that at the price it is not something I have to baby, if it gets knocked in the dirt or scratched up it isnt a big deal and even covered in dirt it still has just kept shooting and working. I love the Hi-Point carbines and I would not hesitate to buy it again if anything ever happened to this one.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I again come here to the experts for advice. I just bought a new truck and am looking for the best pistol mount to make the weapon available yet somewhat concealed. Has anyone had any experience with the magnetic ones??? The videos seem to say they work well but don’t want to have my Kimber falling off bouncing on the floor all the time. Suggestions anyone ???

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I again come here to the experts for advice. I just bought a new truck and am looking for the best pistol mount to make the weapon available yet somewhat concealed. Has anyone had any experience with the magnetic ones??? The videos seem to say they work well but don’t want to have my Kimber falling off bouncing on the floor all the time. Suggestions anyone ???

Velcro ??? Holster....

• Bill Martin this one is what I would get. I really don't like a lot of the options out there. It is kydex, which will over time remove some black coating from black pistols, if you care about such things. I don't.

https://www.daraholsters.com/r…UfZTPW24l19xoCyFgQAvD_BwE

Kinda pricy but looks like a much better option than a magnet - thanks

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Bill Martin this one is what I would get. I really don't like a lot of the options out there. It is kydex, which will over time remove some black coating from black pistols, if you care about such things. I don't.

https://www.daraholsters.com/r…UfZTPW24l19xoCyFgQAvD_BwE

That is different and I like the color options

Keep it loaded in your left hand hanging outside the window. No one will mess with you.

I knew a guy that kept a gun in his truck... He's dead now. Didn't happen to long ago. Guy who killed him got caught and hung himself in his cell.

• Just picked up a Sig MPX last week. Absolutely love this thing!

ZZPerformance, Go Fast Not Broke
    EST 2000

Nice shooter. I'll be building one like that in 300 blackout (7 1/2 inch barrel) soon as they get back in stock. Already got the stripped lower, red dot and iron sights.