What do you carry

• My buddy just got one of these - I never even heard of this before today - he loves it - I can’t wait to shoot his - any of you guys got any experience with this...

https://fnamerica.com/products/pistols/fn-five-seven/

Nice, and we played with a couple of them when they first came out. Ammo is a little high to playing much on the shooting range.

• HELP! HELP! Save me. I'm thinking about it.

https://palmettostatearmory.co…-ept-sba3-pistol-kit.html

My buddy just got one of these - I never even heard of this before today - he loves it - I can’t wait to shoot his - any of you guys got any experience with this...

https://fnamerica.com/products/pistols/fn-five-seven/

War Hoop The PSA stuff looks cool. I've been looking at their 9mm version of that. Reviews seem to be all over the place with the 9mm version. Some say it's great and others site poor feeding and lots of FTEs but that could just be people using shitty ammo. I have one of these made by Springfield Armory called the Saint. I initially bought it in 556 and when they released it this year, maybe late last year, in 300Blk I got that also since they do not sell the uppers separately and I absolutely love them both. I've gravitated towards the 300 model since it is so quiet suppressed. You can see them here https://www.springfield-armory…int-ar-15-pistol-300-blk/

Bill Martin The FN57 is a cool firearm. I wanted one really bad for a while. I looked at them briefly. They're costly and with only a couple companies making the ammo, they are not cheap to run. I rented one from a local range to try it before I bought it. The gun functioned great and was great to shoot. But the high cost of ammo on top of it didn't feel good in my hand kept be from buying one. If it isn't comfortable in your paw, you will likely not be very proficient with it or you'll shoot it less because your other guns fit your hand better. To me the grip just felt like a box. Great gun.......just not for me.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Got one of these coming:

Heckler & Koch HK416 .22 LR Rifle

That’s a great looking gun. Bet it will shoot well.

About 10 years ago I bought a GSG MP 5 clone that really shoots well. Has enough weight that feels like a big one.

• My new SS gun is the tiny Sig P365

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Got one of these coming:

Heckler & Koch HK416 .22 LR Rifle

I have three of the Smith @ Wesson 15-22's Bought the first one when they first shipped out. Probably has well over 200,000 rounds thru it now. The first six months it had a min of 550 rounds thru it seven days a week. I had put every thing on it also. The last one has every thing already straight from the factory. I also have the 15-22 in the pistol, had to put a lazer on it just to be able to hit what you are shooting at, it is just a toy, just to have.

• p365 is my next one.. on sale for 499 ..don't know yet if I want one with manual safety...they are coming out soon

My finger is the safety... I don't need a manual safety to get in my way!

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• p365 is my next one.. on sale for 499 ..don't know yet if I want one with manual safety...they are coming out soon

I have been impressed with the accuracy and reliability of the P365. I unboxed it, loaded it, and proceeded to put a little over 1K rnds through it in the first 10 days. 0 fail to fire, 0 fail to feed, 0 fail to eject with a combination of different weight and design bullets. After it past the tests I tore it apart, inspected it, cleaned it and promptly starting carrying it for a b.u.g. on duty and often times a primary when off duty. IMHO it is a great carry choice.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• That’s a great looking gun. Bet it will shoot well.

About 10 years ago I bought a GSG MP 5 clone that really shoots well. Has enough weight that feels like a big one.

This HK is made by Umarex. I've got a 1911 style .22 pistol made by GSG and branded Sig Sauer. It was a give away when you bought one of their higher end pistols. The guy who got it sold it to me because of reliability issues. I think I put 7 mods on that pistol before I ever shot it (stronger spring, stainless ejection rod to replace plastic, magazine safety delete, cut down/reshape hammer, polished the slide, and a couple I don't remember now). I shot it yesterday and it works and groups well - with the right ammo. Sometimes you have to figure out what a weapon likes and some will eat anything.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I just want to give a big thumbs up to the people over at Hi-Point

I have their 9mm carbine and when I bought it California required it to have a bullet button. Recently California changed the laws so that I had to make it feature less with a fin grip or I had to register it as an assault weapon. I chose to put on the fin grip. In the process of this law change bullet buttons are no longer required.

Anyway last week I wrote a letter to Hi-Point to ask them if it was possible to remove the bullet button and if so would they sell me any parts I might need

Well today I go out to the mail box and in it is a package from Hi-Point with full instructions on how to remove the bullet button and all of the parts for the new magazine release - - totally free of charge

I had heard that they really stood behind their products with a life time warranty, but this was more than I expected

Thank you Hi-Point :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yea!!!!!

No more fu@kin bullet button :00008674:

i-cs6bd2h-X3.jpg

• I learn a lot of stuff on this thread - I gotta ask WTF is a bullet button?? Was this just a California thing ??

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I learn a lot of stuff on this thread - I gotta ask WTF is a bullet button?? Was this just a California thing ??

California and New York I think. In the states definition of an "assault" weapon they had a list of "evil" "features" things like a pistol grip, a thumb hole grip, a forward grip and a bunch of other things. if a gun had any of these features AND a removable magazine it was an assault weapon and you couldn't have it

the gun people quickly came up with a way to get around this they invented a magazine release where you needed a "tool" to get the mag to drop out basically it made the mag release button recessed so that it couldnt be pushed with your finger with an AR and its more pointed bullets typically the tip of a bullet would be able to push it in which is why it became known as a bullet button - because you needed a "tool" to get the mag out under the law this made it a fixed magazine and it was no longer an illegal assault weapon

recently California changed the law so that a bullet button was no longer good enough to be considered a fixed mag as such I either had to make it "featureless" or register it - under the rules simply putting a fin grip wrap around the pistol grip makes it no longer a pistol grip so thats what I did and I also removed my forward grip - now I no longer had an assault weapon, but it still had the stupid bullet button - - since I no longer needed it Hi=Point was kind enough to send me the regular mag release parts so now I can release the mag and change it by just using my thumb

here is a picture of a bullet button on an AR - as you can see it is recessed so you need a bullet tip to push it (my gun is a 9mm so a bullet never fit in the hole I had a small tool on my key chain I used)

bulletbuttonsss.jpg

Personally its all very stupid - they base what an "assault" weapon is on how it looks - no one in their right mind would ever consider my 9mm an "assault" even if it had 400 rounds in one mag it still wouldnt have enough stopping power for any one to ever want to use it in combat