What do you carry

• I keep hearing the stories, yea I have a CWP, where is it? At home in the closet. Then you have the one, yea I carry the gun is in the glove compartment and the bullets are in the trunk. Now we want to know where to put it in the SS so you will not have to carry it, WHAT? The whole point is to have it on you for your protection. Why do you even bother? I do not even buy a hand gun with a safety, that just happens to be the easy way to say it, the safety is the trigger. If I have my pants on there is a gun somewhere on me. The furtherest a hand gun is from me in a 24 hour day is probably when I am taking a shower, sleeping it is ONE FOOT SIX INCHES from my hand. If you are looking for excuses of where to carry, why bother? You will get to cry after it is all over f you are still alive. DID YOU GET THE POINT THIS TIME? I forgot this part I also carry a larger round count back-up Mag and a 50 round box of FMJ for spares just in cause we want to pop off a few somewhere.

Gerald, not sure who you're responding to specifically, but I didn't see anything worth getting wound up about. I agree with you, on-body carry is the best, by far, but the fact is there are people for whom it doesn't work, for one reason or another. To each their own. I will, same as you, continue to advocate for every person who carries to figure out a solution for on-body carry.

• Gerald, not sure who you're responding to specifically, but I didn't see anything worth getting wound up about. I agree with you, on-body carry is the best, by far, but the fact is there are people for whom it doesn't work, for one reason or another. To each their own. I will, same as you, continue to advocate for every person who carries to figure out a solution for on-body carry.

Just did not have anything to do. If it adds one person to the CWP side it is worth it. It might even save someone's life, you never know. If you are not going to carry why are they worried about it?

• It's like the age old argument about carrying one in the chamber. If you ever find yourself in a really bad situation and need your weapon you very well may have the rest of your life to get a round chambered. Situational awareness is your best defense against finding yourself in a really bad situation and even then it's not 100%. Be Safe and Carry On!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• For instant, your best friend can tell you that you cannot carry on his property. It is still not legal to carry everywhere.

But if it's concealed he's not gonna know. I follow most of the laws - but not all. Life is precious and finite. Sometimes you have to follow your own rules...:thumbsup:

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• But if it's concealed he's not gonna know. I follow most of the laws - but not all. Life is precious and finite. Sometimes you have to follow your own rules...:thumbsup:

I live in Indiana Both the state and feds both have locations that are listed that you are breaking the law if you are carrying. Most are courthouses, schools, places like that. At the schools, you can carry on the property inside the vehicle as long as you have a permit, and you lock the weapon up in the car out of sight if you leave the vehicle (get more tricky if on a Slingshot or motorcycle). Some schools have signs that state no weapons on the property, but that's not enforceable as law. My state looks at it as the vehicle is on the property, but inside the vehicle is my personal property. All of the places that have the gun with the circle and the line thru it showing that guns aren't allowed (like restaurants) do not stop you from legally carrying onto the premises. This would include if you were told by a friend that you could not carry on his property. The law reads that if it's private property and you are seen with the weapon or asked if you are CCW at that time (and you are CCW), and they request you leave.... you must leave at that point. Up until that time, you can legally carry onto those properties. Court in Indiana looks at the "no gun zones" (that the state or feds do not list as such) as a suggestion only, not a demand unless they ask you personally to leave and you don't.

Unless I'm in an area that the state or feds deem no carry, then I carry. Like you said, life is precious and finite. They will never know I have it, or if they do it was needed to keep me alive. Judged by 12 or carried by 6.

• Well put Goats_Hogs . I don't mean to imply that I blatantly ignore the law - I don't. I would never carry in a courthouse and I don't typically go onto school property. I'm not a 100% of the time carrier although my carry days have increased over the last couple of years. I typically assess the risk of what I'm doing and where I'm going, then make my decision. If I think I might be 'close to the line' on where I carry then I might employ deeper concealment to avoid controversy or I might not carry that day. I don't live in fear when I do not have a weapon with me (other than the 'guns' God gave me and my ability to run away).

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• The 357 magnum pizza train came by today.

Got em in yum yum Silver. My horse just loves silver bullet machinery. Don't tell him it's really nickel,he might cry. You know how horses are. ^^