What do you carry

• In my personal opinion Glock is about the ugliest gun on the market. Glock is also the only brand duty weapon I have carried for over 20yrs. They simply work, 24-7-365, clean, dirty, hot, cold, whatever. Hard to beat the reliability of a Glock.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I've always heard about the "reliability" of Glocks. Never cared for how they felt in my hand. One day my wife and I went to a range with the reactive tree targets (six targets in each side). I figured, Heck I have a free gun rental I'll try the 9mm Glock, my wife brought here Sig P239 in 9mm. We bought two boxes of reloads and headed to our lanes for the head to head, man vs. woman, Glock vs. Sig Sauer tree battle royal. First to knock all targets to the other side wins.

My wife's Sig and aim were flawless. My aim with the Glock was flawless, however the "very reliable" Glock failed to seat rounds / FTF 3 times. I had to manually seat 2 and just reload a new round on the other. GLOCK LOST, I LOST, thanks a lot Glock.

The store owner upon hearing how things went. First tried to say I limp wristed it. I explained I have fired almost every manufacturers pistols with no issue and this Glock was the first pistol ever to FTF on me.

He then tried to blame the reloads and how some guns don't do well with reloads. I explained that my wife's Sig ate it all up and spit it down range without issue.

His last attempt to help Glock's reputation was to blame the fact that they don't always clean their guns often. Hmmm, too dirty to work? That isn't what I've been told, I've been told that was an impossibility.

• I have a Glock 17 Gen 4 (Tru-glows and a TLR-2 mounted on the rail)... put over 5K rounds down range with it (and to the best of my memory), I don’t think I’ve seen more than a handful of misfeeds? I’m sure there were more than that... but the damn thing is steadfast-reliable. Definitely my first choice when the sh*t hits the fan and I need to dump a bunch of rounds.

Surprised that happened to you @WOLF

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• He then tried to blame the reloads and how some guns don't do well with reloads. I explained that my wife's Sig ate it all up and spit it down range without issue.

When I first bought my SR 1911 it wouldn't shoot my reloads which worked flawlessly in my XDS and XD tac. Sent it back to the factory twice and they couldn't find any problems with it shooting factory ammo (they didn't know anything about reloading). Then I bought some extra mags for the SR 1911 and along with those mags came a little yellow card explaining why ammo may not work in any semi auto hand gun. I made some rounds that were longer oal and boom... shoots great now. XDS and Tac eat em up just like they did before.

• Most of us don't shoot over a few thousand rounds a year so compared to SI's and DI's our experience and opinions can be a bit slanted for one reason or another. Ask 10 instructors what is the most reliable weapon you see brought to the range and then you'll have your answer. As much as I like the reliability of my glocks that new Sig P365 sure is enticing for a BU weapon.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• That was my only experience with a Glock. From what you peeps along with many friends that have them say, I'm sure my experience was the exception to the rule. I prefer Sigs, Spring. Arm. and Rugers myself. Shoot what you like and trust, nothing will serve you better. :)

I still say that Glock I posted looks pretty damn cool. :thumbup:

• @War Hoop ... You do your own reloading....we should talk sometime and compare notes. When I couldn't get 300 blackout brass...I was making them from 5.56 brass...cutting off the necks and resizing them. Even played with annealing them.

I reload everything from .380 to 45 win mag and 12 guage

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• @War Hoop ... You do your own reloading....we should talk sometime and compare notes. When I couldn't get 300 blackout brass...I was making them from 5.56 brass...cutting off the necks and resizing them. Even played with annealing them.

I reload everything from .380 to 45 win mag and 12 guage

SSREAPER

Why on Gods green earth would you think I reload? Did the Dillon 650 give me away?

• Why on Gods green earth would you think I reload? Did the Dillon 650 give me away?

Very VERY Nice!!! :thumbsup:

When I get home ill send you a pic. 2 lee load-master progressives (9mm and 45 always). 1 lee Breech lock single stage (rifle and 45 win-mag). 1 RCBS GRAND 12 gauge and 1 MEC 9000 12 GAUGE

Just a couple. :whistling::evil:

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• If I lived in Canada, I would do my own reloading. BUT, I'd mold ice into the shape of bullets so there would be no way to trace the bullet to the gun rifling.

Tried it...doesnt work...lol BUT I LIKE WHERE YOU ARE GOING WITH IT! :evil:

even tried super cooling mercury into a solid but that didnt work either. The temp needed to keep the metal at a solid that is strong enough to use as a projectile keeps the gun powder from igniting. Fun to play with though...LOL

ssreaper