What do you carry

• I have a semi-auto IWI Tavor TS12 I’m rather fond of.

I was thinking of picking one of these up, but some of the reviews was killing them on jams and FTE's.

What is your opinion of them?

Is it that bad on jamming?

I LOVE my Tavor X95, sweetest shooting of all my 5.56's, so it dumbfounds me that they would put out a shottie that would not be dependable.

Just looking for your opinion on how it shoots.

• I was thinking of picking one of these up, but some of the reviews was killing them on jams and FTE's.

What is your opinion of them?

Is it that bad on jamming?

I LOVE my Tavor X95, sweetest shooting of all my 5.56's, so it dumbfounds me that they would put out a shottie that would not be dependable.

Just looking for your opinion on how it shoots.

Yep, like you, watched all of the video reviews. Can only speak for my particular firearm and I’ll say after over 500 rounds have had zero issues (I did disassemble, clean & lube before first shots fired). I even tried low brass 7-1/2 that was rated less than the recommended 1200 fps. Again, no FTF/FTE issues. I only use 2-3/4” so I always leave the gas setting on low. Disassembly & cleaning is a breeze (& that includes the gas piston area also). It’s definitely a different beast & takes just a little bit of getting used to but it’s a real fast learning curve. Wouldn’t trade mine for anything at this point. It is some SERIOUS firepower. It is FAST!!! Also like the fact that you can change out chokes - a lot of defensive firearms don’t have this feature; this makes it amenable to hunting (and yes, have taken a couple of rabbits with it using modified choke & #6 at 30-40 yards).

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Oh, it uses Beretta/Benelli Mobil choke tubes. Comes with one choke tube - IC (& a choke tube wrench, of course)

No sights - I just added Magpul flip ups.

With a full picatinny up top, add what you like.

Also added flashlight, shell holder & single point bungee sling...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• shell holder

You added a shell holder????

BAHAHAHA

The damn thing holds 16 shells!!!!!

If what you shooting at aint dead by the time you shoot it 16 times with a shottie, fuck reloading it...

You better throw the damn thing at it and run like hell!!!!

I figure all I would put on it is a light and a red dot and a sling.

Think I will start trying to find one I can afford to buy without having to sell the slingshot.

Thanks for the info.

• Navy has a new backpack that allows sailors & Marines to carry 650 rounds! Backpack weighs 9 lbs (unloaded).

Now if the deer or armadillos start shooting back, you got this.

Also pretty good if you have a home invasion, I suppose. 🤠

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

Edited once, last by Doc&Ruby ().

• I must admit I am always amazed how the media will make it sound like anyone who has more than one gun and any decent quantity of ammo is some kind of terrorist - - headlines like "A cache of weapons and thousands of rounds of ammunition were confiscated"

my wife an I only own 2 guns, both 9mm and we always stock over 100o rounds - - most people I know that own a few guns easily have "thousands of rounds of ammunition - - and I guess the media would also call it a cache of weapons

=O

you need to stock up.....your ammo supply is dangerously low.

• The more common media term I hear is “arsenal.” I was watching local news a few weeks ago. Police entered a home on a drug warrant & found an “arsenal” which they then proceeded to show. One cheesy 9mm handgun, a run of the mill 12-gauge pump shotgun and a bolt action rifle; there was MAYBE 200 rounds of ammo. ARSENAL?! Really?

They choose their words & euphemisms for dramatic effect...

it’s part of the brainwashing to make gun owners look like crazed lunatics and owning one gun and box of ammo means you’re a criminal that needs to be locked up.

• The gf just picked up the P365 sas . she can seem to hit anything after 50 rds. She is new at shooting and trying to learn on this gun has really made it challenging. So she went out at got a p365 xl with red dot and green led front site. lets hope she can hit the paper now.She did try out some other guns at the range with sites and did better...

I might just buy the sas off her because i can shoot it and small and compact with 15 rd mag is very nice..

Thanks,

Phillbilly (aka Phillip Kastrup)

2016.5 Blue Fire SS SL LE (1 of 29 in Ohio)

Stock, CAI, Classy small mods in cock pit and wheels, MeanSling top, PeddleMax,reflective wheel stickers and 67 on the hood...

• I'm a big advocate of women being comfortable with guns.

Sooooo I had a former coworker who I consider a friend is getting a divorce and I've slowly been planting the seed that she should be able to protect herself, with the great equalizer (a gun).

So she finally went shooting with me this weekend. She had been to the range before but apparently not with someone that taught her proper(ish) gun handling techniques, safety, acquiring a target etc.

She told me I was a good teacher and ended up buying a Walther 22 as a home defense gun. I encouraged her to take actual classes as opposed to just learning from this pew pew nerd.

She picks it up this weekend and I'll need to find some ammo for her, good thing I live in the boonies...

Felt good and am very happy she will be able to defend herself.