What do you carry

• Eric, when I used to have a Slingshot, I clipped my Sneaky Pete with a Ruger LCP .380 here under the dash. If you look on your Sling, you’ll see where I clipped it. Things have changed so much with the newer models I don’t know if it’s still the same under there. Accessibility was fast & easy...

Same place I have my Sneaky Pete Holster in my Sling for my Bersa 380cc and I carry my 38 on my side with 3 Hornby Critical rounds and 3 38 shotgun rounds

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Thanks FunCycle Valid point...

Of course, ALWAYS know your state and local laws. In NM where I live, your vehicle (no matter what: car, motorcycle, bicycle, etc.) is considered your “temporary domicile.” You can legally carry a concealed loaded firearm in/on your vehicle (or out in the open if desired) without a concealed carry permit. You can also open carry a loaded firearm here without a permit. Only a concealed firearm outside of your home or vehicle requires a permit.

In Washington that is legal but if you exit the vehicle you MUST remove the firearm or it is unsecured and no longer legal. Without a top or doors, the Slingshot cannot be locked (said Captain Obvious).

Check out an NAA22LR or 22LLR (which I have) in their HPK-BW holster. You can carry it in anything, a fake coin purseor an eye glass case. NO ONE will know you're carrying. If I have pants on, it's in my pocket. Just be ABSOLUTELY SURE that the hammer is in the safety notch.

They have a model that fits in a belt buckle. Looks like you just have a fancy buckle. Most people would never know that the centerpiece is a .22..

Yeah, I know it's ONLY A 22. A 22 in your pocket beats the hell out of a .380 at home in a drawer.

Mine is a .22 magnum and while that's not an ideal defense round - see above. With a 1 7/8" barrel it really barks and if you do shoot it, it will stop most of the giggling. openair I've been pocket carrying with the simple leather holster it came with with the clip removed so I can keep it down in the pocket. Do you like using the HPK-BW holster? I recently saw a new folding holster that becomes a larger handle when opened. I think that might be useful but am not sure if it will show in the pocket or not.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I love my NAA .22 Mag Sidewinder!! Fits in your pocket for a backup weapon like a set of keys. Won’t do much over 10 ft but will sure as hell get somebody off your ass quick up close 😬

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• You should be held to the same standards in the state you live in - in all 50 states. Crossing numerous states you can’t hardly carry a weapon and not violate some law. Law abiding gun owners many times have to leave their firearm at home to stay legal - TOTAL BS!!

You are correct, we should be held to the 2nd amendment nation wide like the founding fathers intended. Shall Not Be Infringed!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• If Biden wins and gives that idiot Beto O’Rourke any power you can take it to the bank they will be coming after your guns for at least 4 years. Who knows the damage they can do? Interesting thought - if they outlaw guns and have no police - WHO IS GONNA TAKE EM? 🤔

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• In Washington that is legal but if you exit the vehicle you MUST remove the firearm or it is unsecured and no longer legal. Without a top or doors, the Slingshot cannot be locked (said Captain Obvious).

Mine is a .22 magnum and while that's not an ideal defense round - see above. With a 1 7/8" barrel it really barks and if you do shoot it, it will stop most of the giggling. openair I've been pocket carrying with the simple leather holster it came with with the clip removed so I can keep it down in the pocket. Do you like using the HPK-BW holster? I recently saw a new folding holster that becomes a larger handle when opened. I think that might be useful but am not sure if it will show in the pocket or not.

I like the HPK-BW for two reasons. It has a little area where you can carry 10 .22 longs. Not that you are going to EVER get to reload. You die of old age trying to do that!! That area also can be used to :hook: your pocket as it is being drawn so the holster stays in your pocket. OK, third reason. You can always tell a mugger that it's your wallet. Take it out with the gun, cock and shoot thru the bottom. Mine is black and easily covered with your hand.

• I like the HPK-BW for two reasons. It has a little area where you can carry 10 .22 longs. Not that you are going to EVER get to reload. You die of old age trying to do that!! That area also can be used to :hook: your pocket as it is being drawn so the holster stays in your pocket. OK, third reason. You can always tell a mugger that it's your wallet. Take it out with the gun, cock and shoot thru the bottom. Mine is black and easily covered with your hand.

Sweet! I agree on the reload. A guy could carry the .22lr cylinder pre-loaded but just swapping it out takes too long to be considered as a useful tactic. If I'm within range and it goes empty, I'll throw it as hard as I can at a face. Might be the knockout blow...:00007991:

• Sweet! I agree on the reload. A guy could carry the .22lr cylinder pre-loaded but just swapping it out takes too long to be considered as a useful tactic. If I'm within range and it goes empty, I'll throw it as hard as I can at a face. Might be the knockout blow...:00007991:

REALLY! You people will carry a 22 LR gun as a concealed carry? All I can say is you damn sure better know how to shoot it.

• Sweet! I agree on the reload. A guy could carry the .22lr cylinder pre-loaded but just swapping it out takes too long to be considered as a useful tactic. If I'm within range and it goes empty, I'll throw it as hard as I can at a face. Might be the knockout blow...:00007991:

The way the little bugger kicks, I would have a better chance hitting them with the throw than with the shot.

• REALLY! You people will carry a 22 LR gun as a concealed carry? All I can say is you damn sure better know how to shoot it.

I've been told that more than once. Usually by someone who doesn't carry because it's inconvenient.

I always have two answers. One, as stated in a previous post, A .22 IN YOUR POCKET BEATS THE HELL OUT OF A .380 AT HOME IN A DRAWER. Then, I ask them to point to where they want me to shoot them with my little mouse gun so it doesn't hurt.

I've had it in my pocket every day for at least 6 months. I have been in every kind of store, and a couple of government buildings. When I'm in church, my little apostle is with me. When I'm mowing grass or watching TV, it's with me.

No, I don't sleep with it. The 9mm is in the top drawer of my waterbed pedestal. Well, the barrel is in the drawer. The rest is sticking out of it's holster.

Paranoid? Nope. Too slow to run, too old to fight.

Carried by 6, or judged by 12. Too old to give a damn.

• REALLY! You people will carry a 22 LR gun as a concealed carry? All I can say is you damn sure better know how to shoot it.

Then you'd be shocked to hear I occasionally head out into public with nothing but a pocket knife. I can throw that pretty good too by the way. Now this might not be the only tool in the box and I would never pull it to engage in a firefight. But if someone gets ahold of me with serious intent to do harm (meaning he got ahold of me), I'll brain him with it. Game over.

I've heard the statistic (unsubstantiated by me) that more people are killed with .22s than any other caliber. This is simply because of the sheer number of .22s out there but the takeaway for me is that .22 will kill. No shit. I did hit a grouse in the head with mine from 12 yards. It was my 2nd shot and definitely fits the description of 'lucky shot'. When I expressed my amazement my wife said, 'what's the big deal? You've always said you were a decent shot'. I looked at that little pea-shooter in my hand and said, 'yeah, but...but...not with this'!

A good friend here on the forum asked me where I got mine yesterday so I pulled out my receipt from 3 Bears Guns (now defunct) in 1993. 27 years now and it's still doing it's job just like day one.

• Then you'd be shocked to hear I occasionally head out into public with nothing but a pocket knife. I can throw that pretty good too by the way. Now this might not be the only tool in the box and I would never pull it to engage in a firefight. But if someone gets ahold of me with serious intent to do harm (meaning he got ahold of me), I'll brain him with it. Game over.

I've heard the statistic (unsubstantiated by me) that more people are killed with .22s than any other caliber. This is simply because of the sheer number of .22s out there but the takeaway for me is that .22 will kill. No shit. I did hit a grouse in the head with mine from 12 yards. It was my 2nd shot and definitely fits the description of 'lucky shot'. When I expressed my amazement my wife said, 'what's the big deal? You've always said you were a decent shot'. I looked at that little pea-shooter in my hand and said, 'yeah, but...but...not with this'!

A good friend here on the forum asked me where I got mine yesterday so I pulled out my receipt from 3 Bears Guns (now defunct) in 1993. 27 years now and it's still doing it's job just like day one.

That is why I said you had better be good at hitting where you are shooting at. i us to play with a 22 rifle at 100 yards hitting golf balls. Of course back they I was shooting 500 plus rounds of 22's 7 days a week. Ruger MK III and a M & P 15-22

• Then you'd be shocked to hear I occasionally head out into public with nothing but a pocket knife. I can throw that pretty good too by the way. Now this might not be the only tool in the box and I would never pull it to engage in a firefight. But if someone gets ahold of me with serious intent to do harm (meaning he got ahold of me), I'll brain him with it. Game over.

That is why I never leave home without at least 1 knife on me and one within hands reach in everything I drive including my mower and my tractor. The most versatile tool in the box. Not saying there isn't anything else handy but always have knives ready and razor sharp.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!