What do you carry

• There should also be a national drivers license

You peak my curiosity bro - what would be the benefit?? Run a stop sign in Alaska and they will suspend your license in Florida if you don’t pay it. They got the down low on all us law abiding citizens — criminals not so much :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I have never had any desire to get a concealed carry permit here in California. This State is so anti gun that I highly suspect that if I ever used a gun for self defense and was not on my actual property that I would end up charged with murder - - even using a gun on your own property can be a problem if it is outside of the home - - I have been told more than once by police officers that if I have to shoot someone to protect my home make sure they are in the home before shooting them and if they are coming inside, but the body falls outside drag it back in before calling the police. California is so messed up as far as guns is concerned that it just doesnt seem to be worth the work they require to get a permit

These concerns are some of the very reasons I chose to abandon the "golden state".

I lived there for 30 years and never once felt safe.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• These concerns are some of the very reasons I chose to abandon the "golden state".

I lived there for 30 years and never once felt safe.

to be honest here in the desert I feel very safe - never have I felt threatened or a risk in any public place here in the valley and at home we are good

Its one of the things I really like about our location - we are isolated and away from the more "California" type locations - - even over the hill in other parts of Riverside county its very different - - - I think the heat keeps the crazies out :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have never had any desire to get a concealed carry permit here in California. This State is so anti gun that I highly suspect that if I ever used a gun for self defense and was not on my actual property that I would end up charged with murder - - even using a gun on your own property can be a problem if it is outside of the home - - I have been told more than once by police officers that if I have to shoot someone to protect my home make sure they are in the home before shooting them and if they are coming inside, but the body falls outside drag it back in before calling the police. California is so messed up as far as guns is concerned that it just doesnt seem to be worth the work they require to get a permit

Thank God for Oklahoma make my day law. you can shoot them through the door and leave the body for the bag.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

Ed, the CCW community is very helpful and supportive and full of LEO family members. Law enforcment seems truely grateful that people would get the certifications and checks to exercise their 2nd amendment rights and be well informed (and trained) good citizens. With an average of only 1 law enforcement officer for 1000 people, they know they can't be everywhere. They have nothing against people who would take the responsibility to look after their own safety and welfare.

• frankly I would prefer open carry - - its not legal in California except in some rural areas, but if it were I suspect people would leave me alone if I had my carbine on a sling across my front when I went out

or perhaps a TC contender with a 14 inch bull barrel in 223 hanging on my belt - - might be single shot, but its intimidating as hell and no excuse for missing

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I don't carry because I just have not been able to find a comfortable way to carry. Bought a sneakypete clip on for my belt but it's just too big and gets in the way when I sit in the SL. But I did try my Bodyguard with laser on a skunk last night. Need I say more?

Eric, when I used to have a Slingshot, I clipped my Sneaky Pete with a Ruger LCP .380 here under the dash. If you look on your Sling, you’ll see where I clipped it. Things have changed so much with the newer models I don’t know if it’s still the same under there. Accessibility was fast & easy...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Eric, when I used to have a Slingshot, I clipped my Sneaky Pete with a Ruger LCP .380 here under the dash. If you look on your Sling, you’ll see where I clipped it. Things have changed so much with the newer models I don’t know if it’s still the same under there. Accessibility was fast & easy...

Grear suggestion! I still have my 2015 SL so this should work, thx

• Eric, when I used to have a Slingshot, I clipped my Sneaky Pete with a Ruger LCP .380 here under the dash. If you look on your Sling, you’ll see where I clipped it. Things have changed so much with the newer models I don’t know if it’s still the same under there. Accessibility was fast & easy...

Eric, when I used to have a Slingshot, I clipped my Sneaky Pete with a Ruger LCP .380 here under the dash. If you look on your Sling, you’ll see where I clipped it. Things have changed so much with the newer models I don’t know if it’s still the same under there. Accessibility was fast & easy...

You cannot do that in South Carolina

• Thanks FunCycle Valid point...

Of course, ALWAYS know your state and local laws. In NM where I live, your vehicle (no matter what: car, motorcycle, bicycle, etc.) is considered your “temporary domicile.” You can legally carry a concealed loaded firearm in/on your vehicle (or out in the open if desired) without a concealed carry permit. You can also open carry a loaded firearm here without a permit. Only a concealed firearm outside of your home or vehicle requires a permit.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Thanks FunCycle Valid point...

Of course, ALWAYS know your state and local laws. In NM where I live, your vehicle (no matter what: car, motorcycle, bicycle, etc.) is considered your “temporary domicile.” You can legally carry a concealed loaded firearm in/on your vehicle (or out in the open if desired) without a concealed carry permit. You can also open carry a loaded firearm here without a permit. Only a concealed firearm outside of your home or vehicle requires a permit.

South Carolina has to be in a factory glove box with a latch "Not a locking latch" and key word here is factory installed box, You do not have to have a CCP to do that.

• Yep, laws are different everywhere & it’s incumbent upon gun owners to know the law.

You should be held to the same standards in the state you live in - in all 50 states. Crossing numerous states you can’t hardly carry a weapon and not violate some law. Law abiding gun owners many times have to leave their firearm at home to stay legal - TOTAL BS!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I don't carry because I just have not been able to find a comfortable way to carry. Bought a sneakypete clip on for my belt but it's just too big and gets in the way when I sit in the SL. But I did try my Bodyguard with laser on a skunk last night. Need I say more?

Check out an NAA22LR or 22LLR (which I have) in their HPK-BW holster. You can carry it in anything, a fake coin purseor an eye glass case. NO ONE will know you're carrying. If I have pants on, it's in my pocket. Just be ABSOLUTELY SURE that the hammer is in the safety notch.

They have a model that fits in a belt buckle. Looks like you just have a fancy buckle. Most people would never know that the centerpiece is a .22..

Yeah, I know it's ONLY A 22. A 22 in your pocket beats the hell out of a .380 at home in a drawer.