Maggie Valley 2023

• I do appreciate the offer and who knows I might just take you up on it - - still though it would be cool to have my own slingshot, knowing exactly how it handles and what to expect - - just wouldn't be the same in a rental

maybe I can win the lottery and then get my sling shipped over to DDM for a supercharger then I could ride it over there and when I was done get it shipped home - - - - dreams - - - a mans got to have a few

And a possible option... fly me out to CA and I'll drive the Slingshot to NC and you can fly to NC and ride for the week and I will need to drive the Slingshot back to CA...will need credit card for gas and lunch and sleep... a thought.

• OK guys - need input here - I think I may be able to sew up the 1st week in May or 1st week in October. I want to make this a charity event with proceeds going to Pediatric Brain Cancer ( EjFord - I need you ). I still have people to talk to making this a community involved event. I think if we had the event in October the leaves will beginning to change and that is beautiful which I believe all would enjoy. Problem with that is this place kinda becomes a zoo with all the cars looking at leaves which could cause a problem for everybody wanting to run the curves. In short - what do you guys think - very early Spring event or early fall event?? Again - I believe I can pull this off but will need a lot of support - no money - just your brains!! I have never tried something like this so I’m really just feeling my way thru a little at the time!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• OK guys - need input here - I think I may be able to sew up the 1st week in May or 1st week in October. I want to make this a charity event with proceeds going to Pediatric Brain Cancer ( EjFord - I need you ). I still have people to talk to making this a community involved event. I think if we had the event in October the leaves will beginning to change and that is beautiful which I believe all would enjoy. Problem with that is this place kinda becomes a zoo with all the cars looking at leaves which could cause a problem for everybody wanting to run the curves. In short - what do you guys think - very early Spring event or early fall event?? Again - I believe I can pull this off but will need a lot of support - no money - just your brains!! I have never tried something like this so I’m really just feeling my way thru a little at the time!!

Clearly the odds of my actually making it there are slim at best, but if I could I think October would be the better time to do it. It just seems that having it to close time wise to the current Slingshots in the Smokies event is going to put people in the position of picking one or the other which wouldn't be good for either - - putting it in October makes it more likely that one event will not detract from the attendance of the other.

JMO

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I personally try to hit the smokies in the fall for that exact reason. All the leaves changing, the colors, and that cool fall air... I would think it would also give an opposite attraction from the current event held in the spring that may give more motivation for others to come. Just my thoughts.

• If I do this correctly I believe I can draw all current vendors plus ones that refuse to pay the exorbitant tent fees being paid now. If I get it right my event will be the premiere SS event in the Smokies leaving the other to pick up the scraps left !!!

Early October... I will be willing to do what I can in general and for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation.

• I am in for first week of May. If we have it in October are we going to be stuck in second gear with too many cars and wet leaves? Also I am all for the Pediatric Brain Tumor donation. Maybe we could also do a food drive for a local food bank or organization that helps out to give back to the community.

• The first week in May would be great. With all that's going to happen and the reduced fees for riders as well as vendors would probably be the nail in the coffin of the current event. That would leave the current time frame available once the current event organizer sees the writing on the walls. A fall event wouldn't have as much of an impact to have the vendors chose between both and may not be willing to pau and travel to two event a year in Maggie Valley

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• The first week in May would be great. With all that's going to happen and the reduced fees for riders as well as vendors would probably be the nail in the coffin of the current event. That would leave the current time frame available once the current event organizer sees the writing on the walls. A fall event wouldn't have as much of an impact to have the vendors chose between both and may not be willing to pau and travel to two event a year in Maggie Valley

is killing the current event one of the goals? I know nothing about who’s actually behind it

• is killing the current event one of the goals? I know nothing about who’s actually behind it

I think there is only room for one of us to be the top event. Vendors are going to be ones that really drive this. If I can make my event the best it can be - let the chips fall where they may !! Let’s just say the current owner of the event is WAY more profit driven than I will be. I can’t blame him for that BUT gouging all my friends is unacceptable!! If I can break even or turn a profit for charity - mission accomplished!!

• I think there is only room for one of us to be the top event. Vendors are going to be ones that really drive this. If I can make my event the best it can be - let the chips fall where they may !! Let’s just say the current owner of the event is WAY more profit driven than I will be. I can’t blame him for that BUT gouging all my friends is unacceptable!! If I can break even or turn a profit for charity - mission accomplished!!

sounds good to me, by any chance is the current owner named Scott?

• May, Uncle BillyBob.

If Harvey is correct, then it's just like Vermont in Oct/Nov. Drivers swerving across lanes trying to see colors.

I can't imagine wet leaves on the roads I rode down there. F#%$in Scary!!

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Bill Martin my opinion, and it's just that, is that the vendors are profit driven, and if they can come out to your event in October and to the SSITS event in May/June, and make money at both, they likely will. If they make more money at one event because of lower fees, over time they might decide to do just one of them, especially if time and distance is a constraint. I understand you don't like the commercial format but personally, I would put lots of positive energy into doing it the way I want and not be concerned with the other guy. It's still a free country (OK, maybe that phrase is a bit dated now) and capitalism still prevails (barely, let's don't go there just now). If you successfully establish an event that the riders prefer, they will vote with their wallets. None of this matters much to me since I don't, or wouldn't use events to modify my machine. I tend to do what I want on my own time. If I show up it is to socialize and ride, in that order. It is fun to see what is available and what other people are doing but I'm more into the food carts and rides. Oh yeah, as long as I'm on my soapbox, lots of food carts. And music! Everyone loves a live band. And a buffet/social. And, of course, a pancake breakfast with those little sausages. And a raffle. How about a horseshoe tournament with a new rear tire as a prize - donated by a business sponsor of course. And a rubber duck race down Campbell creek. I know the perfect finish line! A sack race among people over 60 is always hilarious - and a bit dangerous. Casting contests for distance and accuracy. Anything and everything you can do to get people gathered together. Those are the memories that last! You get that buzz going and it'll be a hit!

I'll be watching. Once you start getting some traction, reach out for help.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().