Ariel Atom

• unfortunately I don't think you can just buy one and drive it in California - Is it legal

if you read that link it tells you the process needed to get one to be street legal in CA - - - considering this and the price you would probably be better off throwing a quad kit on your slingshot along with a DDM supercharger - - - probably even save some money

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• unfortunately I don't think you can just buy one and drive it in California - Is it legal

if you read that link it tells you the process needed to get one to be street legal in CA - - - considering this and the price you would probably be better off throwing a quad kit on your slingshot along with a DDM supercharger - - - probably even save some money

You can actually get it road legal from the factory. I have 2 friends that have bought them that way.

As far as doing a quad kit and boost...I did that. And I drove both back to back on a track. It is a completely different vehicle. The quad gives you good stability...and the 2.4L with the Hahn turbo gave it good power...but the Ariel Atom is more of a surgical instrument. In the proper hands it can do amazing things. The Quad with boost slingshot is lightyears away from an Atom. It's the reason they get the asking price and then some for them.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• You can actually get it road legal from the factory. I have 2 friends that have bought them that way.

As far as doing a quad kit and boost...I did that. And I drove both back to back on a track. It is a completely different vehicle. The quad gives you good stability...and the 2.4L with the Hahn turbo gave it good power...but the Ariel Atom is more of a surgical instrument. In the proper hands it can do amazing things. The Quad with boost slingshot is lightyears away from an Atom. It's the reason they get the asking price and then some for them.

California has its own weird rules so I think its a bit harder - - did you click my "is it legal" link?

not saying it can't be done, just requires some extra work

also as a side note my budget is destine to keep me happily enjoying the roads on three wheels unless I win the lottery or something like it

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• California is just it's own little weird corner of the world. That article is also from 2016. My guess is that in California the Atom could be registered as a kit car...even though there is no kit lol. I do know that there are plenty in California just based off the Ariel Chat forum.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...