Apple CarPlay Broken on 2022 Slingshot R or Dec 2021 Ride Command Update

• Where can i find the Dec 2020 software? Looked allover polaris website.

Thanks

I believe once it is updated they do not allow you to go back... You many want to check with Polaris directly... If you are looking for the 2021 software it is here: https://ridecommand.slingshot.polaris.com/en-us/app/display/

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Hi all any help in advance would greatly be appreciated.

I have a Slingshot 2021 SL

I just purchased the apple car play navigation system bundle literally yesterday. The navigation button now works and the gps. The car play is not working . I have paired my AIRPODS & and connected my iPhone via the charging cable but the airplay button is still grayed out. I have also downloaded the latest update .Please help.

• Hi all any help in advance would greatly be appreciated.

I have a Slingshot 2021 SL

I just purchased the apple car play navigation system bundle literally yesterday. The navigation button now works and the gps. The car play is not working . I have paired my AIRPODS & and connected my iPhone via the charging cable but the airplay button is still grayed out. I have also downloaded the latest update .Please help.

Maybe one of these steps were missed?? If not, you may have to go to the dealer.

Using Apple CarPlay® on RIDE COMMAND | Polaris Slingshot

• Yeah I’ve done all of those steps car play won’t turn on … the dealer is like 120 miles away… I’m extremely aggravated I feel like I got robbed for my money.

I have the most recent software update.

I have my AirPods linked via Bluetooth and my phone linked via Bluetooth plus plugged into the car via a charging usb cable . Those are the steps on the help page… any other tips ?

• one more question I was reading the trouble shooting. I have the latest software update but I don’t have the latest map package.

the problem I’m having is I have a 64 gb flash drive but the format it has to be in only allows 4gb to be transferred onto it .. any clue how I can download it on the flash drive ?

• one more question I was reading the trouble shooting. I have the latest software update but I don’t have the latest map package.

the problem I’m having is I have a 64 gb flash drive but the format it has to be in only allows 4gb to be transferred onto it .. any clue how I can download it on the flash drive ?

You want to try a 32gb flash drive and use the correct format??

I guess I am a bit confused by that.. I used a 128GB flash drive and used the exfat format to format the drive. The original thumb drive that came with the Slingshot had a 32gb and it was formatted for 32gb. Do not use NTFS.

I am guessing from reading your post, that you have a Slingshot that does not have the Ride Command Unit and you purchased the Ride Command / Apple Car Play bundle from Polaris... When I check the website it says Dealer install... Did the dealer not install it correctly? Just to make sure, you are plugging in your phone in the usb port directly under the Ride Command unit and not in the glove box, right? If you have done everything in the instructions, and it is installed correctly the only thing left is a defective unit. I know this is not very helpful, but I am out of Ideas...

Lastly, you may want to try to contact Polaris directly on their customer support phone number. 855-863-2284 (when you call remember that the first person you speak with is only gathering info from you and will have to transfer or refer you to another.)

• So I have done everything just installed the new map package and yes I’m using a usb cord plugging it in directly under my nav screen. Yes I also purchased a slingshot that didn’t have the ride command so I purchased it from Indian motors and had them install it. I also called Polaris directly this morning. I’m waiting to hear back . I hope I don’t have to return to the dealer because it’s pretty far .

• update !!!!! So the problem was I didn’t have the lastest map update. I had to figure out the flash drive issue.. once I did that it still wasn’t working until I read your reply about plugging directly in under the nav screen. As soon as I did that with the map update it worked… thank you so much