Muffler seal seems to need repair or replacement

• Hello,

I'm attaching a picture of the seal between the muffler and the pipe coming from the exhaust manifold. It looks like it's getting worn and I'd like to repair/replace it.

I have the service manual but there's nothing about the exhaust/muffler so I don't know what kind of seal it is, etc.

Do you guys know what material it is? Or can anyone give me a part number? I was thinking of using some kind of muffler cement but then I realized it may need some flexibility since the muffler is "suspended" to springs. What you think?

Thanks for your help.

J

• I am assuming this is an Eco-Tec engine model. The Polaris part number is 3610211 for $30.49. DO NOT order from Polaris you can find it for around $8 on Amazon or E-Bay

Thank you. Yes I forgot to mention that my Slingshot is a 2016 model.

Thanks for the part number. I found this information today too, but part #3610211 looks like a solid ring, and what I see on my picture looks like a very soft material, like graphite.

Or maybe I should use some kind of seal if I replace this part (3610211)?

I don't understand why there's nothing about that in the service manual! I don't know either if I should remove the catalyst or the muffler to replace the seal.

• It is made of graphite, I do not think there is anything to replace it.

• If the seal is not leaking, there is no need to replace it. It is a malleable ring, and is the actual flex joint between the muffler and the down pipe. The springs apply enough pressure that, if the joint flexes the malleable ring will conform accordingly. The edges of this ring will "flower" out around the edges.

Here is a seal from one of my other cars. It is so soft, that I can crush it with one hand. Even if I did crush it, I could probably bend it back into shape and still use it.