Dish not carring NBC

• I've been sitting here all football season not happy with dish because Sunday night football is on NBC which dish has removed. I found I can watch the games on Yahoo sports android app and cast the phone to the TV. Wish I figured this out sooner.

I must admit that I find these disputes between the broadcast companies and the cable and satellite carriers very annoying - - I personally watch very little TV and what we do watch we stream (cut the cable some time back) but for others I know these disputes have really been a problem - - I know two people who are huge college football fans especially Pac-12 and the SO Cal teams - - I dont know if it still true, but back when the PAC-12 started their own network Direct TV would not carry it - they wanted more money than the PAC-12 was willing to pay - - one of my 2 friends just went without seeing the games on the PAC-12 channel and the other ended up subscribing to both Direct -TV and also to Spectrum cable - -she is a real die hard fan and would have games running in two rooms at the same time and would record them - - - I would think that it could really benefit someone like Dish or Direct to provide absolutely every channel - - might have to get a bit less from the channel providers, but I would think that might be made up in more subscribers

As a side not, having grown up with 13 broadcast over the air channels until well into my 20's I find it a bit amusing how we now feel like we are being denied because out of the 100's now offered we aren't getting the one we think we need.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I've been sitting here all football season not happy with dish because Sunday night football is on NBC which dish has removed. I found I can watch the games on Yahoo sports android app and cast the phone to the TV. Wish I figured this out sooner.

I pull in NBC on - wait for it - an antenna! VV11B40 if you're in an area that gets decent TV reception, you can still get network TV with a good, old-fashion antenna. Mine is in the attic and that, along with wifi, brings in a surprising number of channels. Might be worth a try.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I have the high end Channel Master antenna but just use it for the radio reception. I have not watched the major networks in over 30 years. Yes, I do have cable and there is not over 6 channels on that I watch rarely. I use to watch any NASCAR racing that was on, but not anymore. As to the Network TV, I do not like the programing or the increase in the commercial lengths. I also do not like the STUPID ASS shows doing and saying things that you cannot get away with in public for example with what started with shows like the Jefferson's and the Red Fox stuff. I have watched so many movies on Prime and Netflix it is hard to find something that I have not seen.

• I also do not like the STUPID ASS shows doing and saying things that you cannot get away with in public for example with what started with shows like the Jefferson's and the Red Fox stuff.

But: Football. Watching it right now Then when the commercials come on I scratch anything needs scratchin'. Lots and lots of scratchin'. Actually I'm going through a huge box of old photos and memorabilia from my late mother's storage and listening to the radio but I am watching football. Hey, look at me multitask!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• But: Football. Watching it right now Then when the commercials come on I scratch anything needs scratchin'. Lots and lots of scratchin'. Actually I'm going through a huge box of old photos and memorabilia from my late mother's storage and listening to the radio but I am watching football. Hey, look at me multitask!

I do not do stick and ball sports, but if it has an engine I watch it. If you come to my house to watch a ball game you are in trouble.

• I gave up on professional sports a long time ago - - no desire to watch over paid thugs who think they are entitled to preach to others how we should live especially if its obvious these over paid morons probably couldn't even hold a regular job if they lost their athletic ability

Seriously with a few exceptions I see absolutely nothing to admire in the likes of 99% of professional athletes - mostly thugs that would be robbing gas stations if they lost their athletic ability tomorrow

• I agree a bunch of misfits for the most part.

yep - - and for the most part we enable them by putting up with the exorbitant price we must pay if we want to watch them - - either by crazy ticket prices or crazy prices for cable or satellite

we bitch and moan about the price of our healthcare yet a doctor that can save lives makes a fraction of what Colin Kippersnak made - - - and we just keep on acting like that's all okay and putting up with loud mouth thugs acting like they are above the rest of us

• Just like the ones in government!

now that is an entirely different group of over paid self serving worthless morons that we just keep on enabling - in this case by continuing to support the two party system where they get to pick who we get to vote for

• My dish sucks. If it starts to rain I loose the signal. If the program is on a local channel I can switch to my hd antenna but if it is a heavy rain that doesn't work either.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• My dish sucks. If it starts to rain I loose the signal. If the program is on a local channel I can switch to my hd antenna but if it is a heavy rain that doesn't work either.

Back 25 years ago I had Direct and it was a lot better that the cable that I had to get for Brenda so she could have local channels. I had spent a lot of time tuning the antenna to get the best signal strength, I ended up with something around a 99.6 and very rarely lost programing for over 10 minutes (a severe storm rolling by) That was back when I stopped watching Network TV.