Rear tire wear

• 2015 SL 93k never had any tire wear issues. Just check the tire pressure periodically.

Also tire pressure will vary according to the Brand and type of the tire, also the width of the rim that it is mounted on. Then you have the weight of the vehicle that it is used on. On my Slings I keep the rear tire pressure around 29 psi (cold) for street use and 23 psi cold (track use)

• other than wearing out fast than I would like all of the back tires I have had have worn very evenly - this is my current Nitto 555 G2 - it was installed in May of 2020 and has almost exactly 10k miles on it - - its actually lasting much better than either the kenda to the Nitto Motivo that I had before this, both of them were shot by 10K - - this looks to still have a few k more in it to me

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• You have to understand "recommended air pressures" by manufactures as a lot goes into deciding on that number. Are they trying to get you the smoothest ride, the lonest tread life, the best handling ot the best traction, Basically there is no tire pressure that will achieve all those goals. A low profile tire (aspect ratio below 70 or 75) has such a small sidewall that a slight reduction of air pressure is used to attempt a softer ride. A higher tire pressure will make the ride stiffer and transfer the "ride feel" to the choice or shock valving and spring rate. Similarly, for better traction, they usually have to design a shock/spring no allow more weight transfer under acceleration. For better traction will usually require of lesser air pressure along with a softer tread compound (tested with a durometer). A durometer reading of 60 usually is the "standard" passenger car tire, and it varies from there. A number less than 60 is a softer treaded tire, while one greater than 60 is a harder tread compound. So in my humble opinion, tire inflation that is within an acceptable range, is more of a drivers preference once he has the vehicle and tire that the manufacturer thought would fit their goals as designed.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• LOL, that 28PSI is already four pounds under Polaris' recommended pressure? Seems kinda spooky running it much lower than that with the increased possibility of damaging a wheel if we happen to hit something on the road? Are there actually others operating with these lower pressures on the highway?

Bill

I am pretty lazy about tire pressure. Sticker on frame says 28 front and 32 rear, but I usually set my compressor and and digital filler for the average and give all three 30psi

never had any uneven wear that would indicate over or under inflation - - with yours at 28 that seems very unlikely to be over inflated

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Hey Kyle , was that a kenda tire, asking for a friend?

The kenda was tossed in the trash not long after we got the sling. It was great for burnouts and drifting in our parking lot though. I haven't ran an actual "street" tire since probably 2017. I tried a couple ultra high performance summer tires that worked pretty decent but I've had the best luck with drag radials and slicks.

The one in that pic is one of my favorites. It's a Mickey Thompson Pro Bracket Radial. I run one of these and the bead lock wheel all the time. It's really about the only way I can keep most of the power planted on the pavement. I run them at about 15psi on the street and 8-10psi on the track. Without the bead lock wheel, the wheel just spins inside the tire. If we go to the track I really like the M&H slicks.

A couple years ago when I was in Maggie, I went out riding with FunCycle and a few other guys and I showed up in Maggie with a brand new MT ET Street R drag radial. By the end of the week the cords were showing. This past year, I actually ended up driving the slingshot 700mi back to MI on that slick so I could really test out the coil overs we are releasing next month. I was actually surprised at how well the tire held up to the trip home. It's pretty wasted but I could probably still squeeze one more track day out of it.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• other than wearing out fast than I would like all of the back tires I have had have worn very evenly - this is my current Nitto 555 G2 - it was installed in May of 2020 and has almost exactly 10k miles on it - - its actually lasting much better than either the kenda to the Nitto Motivo that I had before this, both of them were shot by 10K - - this looks to still have a few k more in it to me

I didn't get 10k out of that Nitto. It required getting really hot before sticking good

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• I didn't get 10k out of that Nitto. It required getting really hot before sticking good

I have one of those also, there is no traction when it is cold, even when it is 100 degrees outside. It is my mounted spare, I think I am just going to have to install on Sling II and just melt it down. It is that or just throw it away.

• Kyle, I'm more impressed that you were able to put 700 miles and NOT spin the rear tire, than the fact that the tire made the 700 miles. :):):)

There may or may not have been a couple roll races on the way home that may or may have not resulted in a rolling 80+mph burnout on the highway. ;)

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke