Slingfest - Colorado Springs! (Thu, Jun 9th 2022 - Sun, Jun 12th 2022)

Date

Slingfest - Colorado Springs!

Thu, Jun 9th 2022 - Sun, Jun 12th 2022

3971 Palmer Park Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80909, USA

• Very cool 3GunSteve ! Did you ever vet any of the local hotels? Also, have you seen an extended weather forecast for that weekend? I really like that you are inviting all the 3 wheelers out there. One world, one love! Of course those other guys won't win the trophies. Right?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• We did vet a few, the best being the "The Antlers" of Colorado Springs. It's downtown, 7-8 min ride to event area, and has covered parking available for a daily fee. North side of the springs by Air Force academy has some good places as well, just a little further 15 min maybe ride to event area. Event are is very central to the Springs - a few are doing the VRBO/Airbnb thing too as lots of that avail in the Springs. Let me know if we can help in any way with more info!

Inclusion wise, couldn't leave those guys out. So Show n Shine for example, has a best in show, runner up, dirtiest, cleanest engine bay, (all sling only) there is a top Trex, Can-Am, Vanderhall and then peoples choice by vote which I really hope goes to a sling. The group ride on Friday has a stop either first or at end of ride at Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza our title sponsor and local Polaris dealer, they have an award they'll give out to their favorite ride (again, pretty sure it'll be a sling). So included, but have everyone covered. I don't do drama and easier to get more awards with how we are doing them more home made.

• Event was good in my opinion for our 1st one. Some numbers - 70 slings, 3 can-ams, 2 trex, 1 vanderhall - Some joined in for a day and didn't register but counting those who did and checked in. Lots of positive feedback on it, we will do it again next year just later in June to give time between Maggie and ours as I'm going to Maggie next year! We had some awesome folks and vendors donate things including a luggage rack set from SlingLow which resulted in $500 being raised for Ronald McDonald House charities on behalf of one of our local riders who lost her daughter in March - super cool we could do that. Learned some things and already started planning for next year before I forget all my ideas...lol

If on facebook Riders4LifeColorado has a bunch of videos and pics folks posted as well

Some pics:

• Thanks guys - yes we'll be hosting a Slingfest in Colorado Springs this year. June 15th - 18th. I don't have the flyer done and still working on some logistical pieces.

Free like all slingfests are, and vendor wise Zarate Steelworks and House of Sound car audio have confirmed as two of our major vendors for this year. We had good turn out last year and expect a lot more this year based on the feedback we got. I'll post more as more is figure out!