SlingShot Touring / How do YOU do it?

• If I may add, I believe that I have read here that using equipment that (over) loads to the rear of the SlingShot has been blamed for at least one accident? Maybe somebody else can bring that forward?

Bill

If I remember correctly from the video, it was a large rack hanging off the back connected to a Wiked Hitch... with a receiver at the top of the hitch... It also looked as if the front went off the road before the accident occurred. Maybe undercut the corner.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• If I remember correctly from the video, it was a large rack hanging off the back connected to a Wiked Hitch... with a receiver at the top of the hitch... It also looked as if the front went off the road before the accident occurred. Maybe undercut the corner.

Besides have a very top heavy load, two large Flags flying, she was running a twisties pretty fast.

• If I remember correctly from the video, it was a large rack hanging off the back connected to a Wiked Hitch... with a receiver at the top of the hitch... It also looked as if the front went off the road before the accident occurred. Maybe undercut the corner.

Viewing that setup the weight looks very far back, almost to the point of being behind the rear wheel - if this is the case I could easily see where it could cause the front to lift as it appears to do in the video.

with the rear wheel as a pivot point weight behind it pushing down would automatically reduce the weight on the other end :thumbdown:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Hmm. I prefer to keep it a little simpler. When we went to Homecoming a couple yrs ago (800 miles 1 way), I just hung my backpack on the roll bar. Took the strap off, crossed them around the roll bar and hooked right back in. No issues. Didn't even get wet when we ran through the rain. Still left room to fill gas.

I do keep an extra set of clothes (shorts and t-shirt) permanently sealed in a bag inside the rear cubby, plus some rain gear, just in case. Truthfully, if it's raining hard enough to need rain gear, I'm not driving anyways. But I have been caught where I was soaked enough to have to change clothes.

Wore long sleeves while driving, even in 80-90 degree temps. And chapstick. Can't say enough about chapstick.

• My wife and I have done quite a few 2 week trips using only the stock storage.
    We each have two pairs of lightweight pants and shirts and a third pair of “dressier “ clothes for events. Then some toiletries and SS maintenance/ cleaning supplies.
    We do a load of laundry at every overnight stop we can.
    We added a roof to keep the sun off and bought a couple insulated water bottles to keep our water cool.
    i have recently added storage units just behind the front wheels but it is mostly because we like to do some gift shopping when traveling and we needed space for the added stuff.

• We have only done day trips since we got our 2021 R in October but plan on traveling this spring.

I like the looks of the Thermal R&D racks and Nelson bags on SlingMods.com. I would like to see them in person and hear from others on this option. About $900 for the racks and bags.

We opted for ordering color matched roll hoop speakers from the local Polaris dealer on Black Friday instead...still waiting for those to arrive :rolleyes:

• If using roll hoop speakers keep in mind depending on which (if any) luggage rack you may choose it may have to be modified. I installed the SSV rear speaker pods and using the SlingLow racks it left about 1/8 inch clearance. Sometimes you win! I have small but expandable roll bags for small trips or longer solo trips. A pair of larger Sedici bags for longer trips and a cockpit cover that fits nicely behind the seat (shown in a PRP storage bag) leaving behind the seat storage open for other things.

• Rws904 I see that you’re in a newbie to the site as of August. 😎

Welcome aboard!

Thanks SoCal! We rented a Slingshot while vacationing in Utah last August and were both hooked after a 24 hour rental.

Stumbled across this site and have all of you to thank (blame?) for biting the bullet and ordering our Stealth Blue R when we got home. Best financially irrational decision we ever made.

Absolutely love this thing and can't wait to heal up and get back on the road soon!

• Frankie55, thanks for pointing out the potential clearance issue with the roll hoop speakers installed.

BTW, love the Irish parking sign in the background, now I know what to by my wife for Valentine's Day! :saint:

• Frankie55, thanks for pointing out the potential clearance issue with the roll hoop speakers installed.

BTW, love the Irish parking sign in the background, now I know what to by my wife for Valentine's Day! :saint:

Get lots of seat time in before going to crazy with the mods. Lots of neat things we can do to your Slingshot. Most fun is going down the road and thru the twisties.

• I have posted this in another thread a while back but it bears repeating I think because we

can not ride without them now. Being tall and having the seat back all the way back and the slider too for us there is a gap in the small of our back in the seat. This little gem makes all the difference in the world!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• And here is something I thought frivolous when I first saw it but now LOVE! Being able to go to the app on my phone and check pressure, especially on a trip, combined with the ability to set alarms for pressure has been great peace of mind and I check it regularly. I just ( just because ) replaced all the batteries in the three units. They were low but still working after 18 months of use.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• We kind of take it like a challenge when we go on trips and see just how little we can take and get by on. You'd be surprised on how little you can get by on when you minimalize. Plus you can get very creative when packing. Last summer we took a week long trip in the Sling and all I had was a backpack.

:SLRSS:

S O G Member

Oklahoma

Slingshot

Riders