New Product - 2015-2019 Polaris Slingshot Cold Air Intake

• Yes I have a 2020 but sometimes I wish I had the Ecotec when you guys talk mods. My rev limit is 8500 but I have never been over 6K.

I have not seen a dyno run on the new Polaris engine. But on track days and playing in the mountains with the Ecotec I stay between 3,200 and 5,200 rpm's. Kyle D have you run the Polaris engine on the dyno?

• Yes I have a 2020 but sometimes I wish I had the Ecotec when you guys talk mods. My rev limit is 8500 but I have never been over 6K.

Just wait until real engine mods and tunes stsrt dropping for the new engines. Technically, your turbo engine should outperform the NA Ecotec in performance mods.

• Just wait until real engine mods and tunes stsrt dropping for the new engines. Technically, your turbo engine should outperform the NA Ecotec in performance mods.

I reckon so, even on a good day with the mods and the tune on the Ecotec NA you are only looking at around 175 hp. at the rear tire. I am not aware of anyone even hitting 185 hp.

• I have not seen a dyno run on the new Polaris engine. But on track days and playing in the mountains with the Ecotec I stay between 3,200 and 5,200 rpm's. Kyle D have you run the Polaris engine on the dyno?

Here is the dyno from one of the 2020's we used for development on our intake and tune for the 2020+ Polaris 2.0L engine - Tune picks up another 5-6 HP at the wheels also.

2020 Polaris Slingshot Cold Air intake Dyno Chart

• Just wait until real engine mods and tunes stsrt dropping for the new engines. Technically, your turbo engine should outperform the NA Ecotec in performance mods.

The 2020+ engines are not turbocharged, still naturally aspirated like the Ecotec. The 2.0L engine makes less torque than the 2.4L Ecotec, but Polaris did a good job with airflow through the engine and it breathes pretty good in the upper RPM range, so it holds that lower torque value out longer and makes more horsepower because of that.

As an example of how this works, on the dyno for the 2020+ above, you will see a peak torque of around 150 ft/lbs, but that peak torque is at 6300 RPM which gives about 180HP, so even though the engine makes less torque than the 2.4L, it makes more peak power. The 2.4L Ecotec in the earlier dyno for our intake makes around 160 ft/lbs of torque, but it starts to drop off on the torque around 4500RPM. If the 2.4L made that same 160 ft/lbs of torque to 6300RPm like the Polaris engine, it would be making 192 HP. Hold that same 160 ft/lbs out to 7000RPM and you see 213HP, etc.

• Oone thing I can guarantee is that this new CAI is going to impact performance more than that stupid Pedal Commander that I wasted $240 on. That thing was a total waste of $$ it did nothing for real power, nothing for looks & probably made the slingshot less safe - That thing is sitting in a drawer and I wouldn’t even give it away for fear that it could cause the receipt to to get in an accident.

Just so glad I am retired now - when my CAI arrives I won’t have to wait for a weekend to get to work installing it - - every day is the weekend now :00008566:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• No for me every day is not a week day now. Since I been retires for 15 years I have given up on doing stuff on the week ends and just stay home. Home Depot is just to crowed and the boat ramps to busy.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• The 2020+ engines are not turbocharged, still naturally aspirated like the Ecotec. The 2.0L engine makes less torque than the 2.4L Ecotec, but Polaris did a good job with airflow through the engine and it breathes pretty good in the upper RPM range, so it holds that lower torque value out longer and makes more horsepower because of that.

As an example of how this works, on the dyno for the 2020+ above, you will see a peak torque of around 150 ft/lbs, but that peak torque is at 6300 RPM which gives about 180HP, so even though the engine makes less torque than the 2.4L, it makes more peak power. The 2.4L Ecotec in the earlier dyno for our intake makes around 160 ft/lbs of torque, but it starts to drop off on the torque around 4500RPM. If the 2.4L made that same 160 ft/lbs of torque to 6300RPm like the Polaris engine, it would be making 192 HP. Hold that same 160 ft/lbs out to 7000RPM and you see 213HP, etc.

Thanks for the clarification and dyno numbers on the CAI.