Half miles - what happened?

• just curious whatever happened to the 1/2 and other speed competitions? I always looked forward seeing how rabtech , Dave@DDMWorks & Kyle D would do at these events which seemed to be every year or more and then they just stopped

Are these gone forever? I sure hope not, would love to see some more of these especially now that there are quads with the added traction to help push things even faster

Please!!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Covid shut down the one that we were doing and also Covid has kept us super busy here. We have chose to get more product out and help more people instead of going and playing on the 1/2 mile. Talking to a couple forum guys though and some people on Facebook about doing another track day at Roebling Road though this year, that is much more fun to me :)

• Covid shut down the one that we were doing and also Covid has kept us super busy here. We have chose to get more product out and help more people instead of going and playing on the 1/2 mile. Talking to a couple forum guys though and some people on Facebook about doing another track day at Roebling Road though this year, that is much more fun to me :)

Ready and waiting. I will pull the top this time and see what difference it will make on the front straight. I want to see if I can get to 120- mph. I did the 118-mph last time after taking the parachutes off they cost me 6-mph. I think over all it will just change the down force for the rest of the track. I want to see if I can get a 120 mph or so. I am still NA for those that do not know with the tune, We will see.

• Ready and waiting. I will pull the top this time and see what difference it will make on the front straight. I think over all it will change the down force for the rest of the track. We will see.

That would be cool to test. We are a little ways out though from having our Slingshot up and running. She has been all torn apart test fitting different things this winter. Also, we are moving more stuff into our new space, etc, super busy, but definitely would love a track day!

• Covid shut down all of the events we were going to and kept the shop extremely busy. We've just been pumping out product as fast as we can make it. We are also currently building shopping as well. If we can find something we like or a plot of land we will build and move. We will be staying in MI but are also looking at a satellite location some where in a warmer climate. We have outgrown our 65,000 sq ft facility and are looking for something double the size so we can have 2 fully enclosed dyno bays and bring a lot more large scale manufacturing in house like powder coating, painting, and cam grinding. We do most of the custom color slingshot parts here in house but when we have multiple pallets of parts like air boxes and intake tubes we send those large batches out locally.

I did some 1/4mi stuff last year just really exploring features within the Haltech and seeing what I like and want to incorporate. It's looking like there will be some events here for 2022. If that pans out, I'll definitely be headed back to a 1/2mi or three. I'm also looking into getting our Slingshot into the gridlife road course series as well but that will depend on if they will let me run in one of the classes. I'll also be back to Maggie this year which is my favorite event of the year.

Product wise, we've got some big brake kits, sway bars, fuel rails, and a quad kit on the way as well as some new parts for the 2020+ models. We've also expanded further into our Chevy Sonic/Cruze market, Chevy Camaro market, as well as the Cadillac ATS-V market. It's been a good year here despite the impact Covid has had on the markets and economy.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• [quote='Dave@DDMWorks','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/10532-half-miles-what-happened/&postID=364432#post364432']

Covid shut down the one that we were doing and also Covid has kept us super busy here. We have chose to get more product out and help more people instead of going and playing on the 1/2 mile. Talking to a couple forum guys though and some people on Facebook about doing another track day at Roebling Road though this year, that is much more fun to me :)

[/quote]

Robeling Road? When? I need to do that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• While it's not only slingshot we made kind of a year in review of the events our team was able to make it to and some outtakes as well from the events, our install video series, and our power hour podcasts.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke