How many years have you been riding?

• Got my first bike, a Yamaha 60, in June ‘66. Rode it my Senior year then crashed it into the side of a neighbors car when she backed out of her driveway without looking. This was two days after graduation.

Got next bike, a Kawasaki 350 Triple, in ‘72. Stationed at Cannon AFB. Rode it all over New Mexico and West Texas for a year. Sole it when I got shipped out to Thailand, again. Picked up a 305 Dream while there.

A year or so later I picked up a Kawasaki 400 twin rode the crud out of it for about 6 months then traded up to a ‘75 Z1b off the showroom floor. Put about 100k on it in two years. Took it to Spokane when I got transferred and put another 75k on it up there. Finally sold it in ‘83 in Denver.

In ‘93 I purchased an older Yamaha Venture Royale while lining in Rancho Cucamonga. Had been married for about 5 years and Miss Nancy had never ridden with n a bike. We rode it all over SoCal and Arizona. Sold it in ‘04.

Moved to the Seattle area in ‘05. Bought an ‘00 Nomad on EBay located in Kentucky. Miss Nancy and I flew in and rode it home. Rode it all over Washington, Idaho and Montana. In ‘08 I couldn’t resist and bought a VN 2000 Lt. Sold the Nomad a year later.

Moved to Knoxville in ‘09, with the V2K. Rode it until ‘15 when I retired and picked up a nice ‘12 Goldwing.

My bad knee finally screamed at me in late 2017 that holding up a touring bike was no longer in its’ repertoire. After a serious search Tripod and I connected and Nancy and I flew out to El Paso and took possession of Nuc’em in April of ‘18.

Even after my knee replacement last November, we will still keep riding the Sling. Love it that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Cannon AFB. Some good stuff came out of Cannon!

• I'm not sure if I remember correctly but for NJ the moped must have peddles and be under 49 cc in order to not need a license. Again, not sure if this is exact and of course TX may be different. Good luck in your quest. Hope you can make it back to the sling!

Most states don't require a license for a moped as long as it can be pedaled and has a 49cc or smaller motor. I'm hoping I misread the Texas website.

I thought about just buying a small scooter, but I think they require tags and registration which increases the need for a driver's license. Hopefully, Texas will let me keep my license!

Found a lawyer's site here in Texas. He posted that E-bikes don't require license or insurance as long as tehy don't have motors larger than 750W and don't go faster than 28 mph. Naturally, the one I like has a 1000W motor and does over 30 mph, but has a range of 100+ miles with a dual-battery setup.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• [quote='Frankie55','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/10499-how-many-years-have-you-been-riding/&postID=364472#post364472']

Cannon AFB. Some good stuff came out of Cannon!

[/quote]

Yes it did. Spent a year there working the phase docks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Just found a few more pictures of some of my bikes. ^^ On one I had a self-portrait airbrushed.

Always liked the V-Max! Thought of it as the muscle cruiser. At that point in time I had a 750 nighthawk. More of a standard cruiser.

• Always liked the V-Max! Thought of it as the muscle cruiser. At that point in time I had a 750 nighthawk. More of a standard cruiser.

I had some work done to the V-Max it had a few more Hp then the standard SS, it was not a bike for the twisty roads more for the straight away.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• I started riding bikes ( well a 50 cc Moped by Sears ) at 13 yoa and still riding Slingshots today at 73 yoa , which should be Older than Dirt or at least Pond Water ???

Yah, we are a lucky bunch. Adventure is in the blood. It never goes away.

• I started riding bikes ( well a 50 cc Moped by Sears ) at 13 yoa and still riding Slingshots today at 73 yoa , which should be Older than Dirt or at least Pond Water ???

I bought our Slingshot right after I turned 50 this past year. Miss my Ducati and Kawasaki ZRX-1100 ELR sometimes but love this thing more.

As far as age goes, I am blessed to know some of the youngest 70+ year old hot rodders in the world. Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I hope to join your ranks one day!

• Honda CB450, Honda 750 Super sport, Honda CBX 1000 (wish I still had it), Yamaha FJR, Triumph Speed Triple, Triumph Daytona 600, Harley sportster, lowrider, heritage softail classic and V-rod.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

Edited once, last by drfubar ().

• Honda 150, 305, 450, 750, GL1000, GL1200, GL1500, and GL1800.

Triumph 350

Harley Davidson Sportster, Road King, Street Glide Special, Ultra Classic.

Polaris Slingshots, 2016.5, 2018, and 2020 now but looking at the

New 2022 's ????? I have been Blessed !!!