What are your new mods to your Slingshot Starting12/1/2021

• Only mods so far are NRG pedal covers and a set of LLyods rubber floor mats. I'm looking at the BULLET SPEED parking break cover. Going to buy it in black, if I don't like the color, I'll have it powder coated in Neon Fade

• Hi all, hope everything is well. Does anyone know if slingmods or @DDMworks have any discounts for the end of the year? I want to get the gen 2 headlights and a splitter. Thanks and stay safe. Happy new year

Happy New Year...
    DDMWorks - Enjoy Your Ride!  

Polaris Slingshot Aftermarket Parts & Accessories - SlingMods 

• Only mods so far are NRG pedal covers and a set of Llyods rubber floor mats. I ordered the BULLET SPEED parking break cover and axle nut cover in black, if I don't like the color, I'll have it powder coated in Neon Fade.

• Only mods so far are NRG pedal covers and a set of Llyods rubber floor mats. I ordered the BULLET SPEED parking break cover and axle nut cover in black, if I don't like the color, I'll have it powder coated in Neon Fade.

Rattle Can with a clear coat works great as well.😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• So many variants of the color navy blue. Not sure I like this or not? Was looking for something a little darker. Some slingshots come through with the center console painted. Mine did not so I gave it a shot.

• No just rust-oleum paint & primer that states it bonds to plastic. I've had some really good luck using it on some small plastic outdoor end tables. It has adhered well and is durable, I used gloss but really wanted to use satin. The can cap really appeared much darker than the applied color. I'm going to take a run to Lowes and look for the Krylon equivalent in satin.

• Frankie55 I believe your sling is the same color as mine. Mine has been called steel blue Orion blue and I believe the two are interchangeable. When I thought I was about to receive some Corbin Saddlebags earlier this year I purchased this paint from our dealership. They are certainly proud of it as I think I paid about $75 for three rattle cans. In a way I feel a little stupid saying that but it is a color match. Perhaps if you look at the lot numbers it would help you if you want to go in this direction.

• Frankie55 I believe your sling is the same color as mine. Mine has been called steel blue Orion blue and I believe the two are interchangeable. When I thought I was about to receive some Corbin Saddlebags earlier this year I purchased this paint from our dealership. They are certainly proud of it as I think I paid about $75 for three rattle cans. In a way I feel a little stupid saying that but it is a color match. Perhaps if you look at the lot numbers it would help you if you want to go in this direction.

I was not aware. Thanks!

Thinking I'm going to go with a suitable difference that doesn't have a gloss or sheen for in the cockpit. I found a midnight blue that is suppose to be a shade darker than navy blue and its satin. The original navy gloss went on well but it took patience and very light coats. I had to sand out a few defects and redo along the way. I think the satin will be a little bit more forgiving to an armature painter and not overbearing with shine.

• So many variants of the color navy blue. Not sure I like this or not? Was looking for something a little darker. Some slingshots come through with the center console painted. Mine did not so I gave it a shot.

Mine is a 2017 navy blue.

Closest color I found is Duplicolor Electron Blue Pearl. It is a factory Honda color.

Second closest is Duplicolor Sonic Blue Pearl - a Ford color.

These are usually available at Autozone or O'Reilly's - just not in my area as I have painted my center console, speaker boxes, belt guard, mirrors, cold air intake, valve cover, and other stuff.

• Frankie55

Here is the paint code number you would look for if you went to the dealer for a can of paint ( 727 ). As far as I know the dealer is the only place you can purchase. It’s about $25 a can.

Given all the prep work you have already done each can is 10 ounces and you may only need to shoot it once or twice

• Many thanks. I looked into it and I came to the same conclusion that it has to go through the dealer. It's an option that I may peruse. I thought it most likely will have a gloss appearance as the body color. Thats the issue on my part. I want a contrast and I really like the paint and color of the paint on now. Only issue is the gloss "pops" enough in the cockpit that it draws focus to a single area, and you can't escape. Going to try a darker color with a lower luster so it looks good but the focus remains on the slingshot as a whole.

If I get the paint I have on order and a quick test doesn't pan out I'll go the Polaris paint option. I'm laughing cause were all nuts but I love it. It keeps us going. But I keep reverting back to EjFord The best purchase is fuel.