What are your new mods to your Slingshot Starting12/1/2021

• I am way out of my wheelhouse when it comes to paint however as I’m sure you know there is a member here called Painter - perhaps you could consult him. Every time I’ve reached out he’s been more than forthcoming and helpful.

One thought I have as far as the luster is concerned , keep the color you have but shoot it with a clear matte finish to bring it down a little bit perhaps.

And you’re absolutely right. We are all nuts but we do love it so😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Trooper Haven’t seen much of you lately or perhaps we have been on alternate threads.

Nice to see you out and about!

Hope you’re being safe out there!

haven't had much time to get on here, working 2 jobs and having to remodel my house, been pretty busy. but I am trying to get on here more and stay in touch and up to date on things. going to try to get out more this year and ride and meet some more friends on here. hope all has been well with you and your family.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• I am way out of my wheelhouse when it comes to paint however as I’m sure you know there is a member here called Painter - perhaps you could consult him. Every time I’ve reached out he’s been more than forthcoming and helpful.

One thought I have as far as the luster is concerned , keep the color you have but shoot it with a clear matte finish to bring it down a little bit perhaps.

I'm an amateur with the paint stuff too. Clear matte is something I didn't think of & another option. Midnight blue satin has been on order. So I'll hold and go from there. I've got a few good options. One good thing about living north in a colder climate, it gives us the time to tinker. Thats what we use to get through the winter. :)

Ya, Painter does some incredible work. I'm just looking for a subtle transition between the slingshot color navy blue to the interior black.

Thanks for the help, I may go one of those routes.

• I'm an amateur with the paint stuff too. Clear matte is something I didn't think of & another option. Midnight blue satin has been on order. So I'll hold and go from there. I've got a few good options. One good thing about living north in a colder climate, it gives us the time to tinker. Thats what we use to get through the winter. :)

Ya, Painter does some incredible work. I'm just looking for a subtle transition between the slingshot color navy blue to the interior black.

Thanks for the help, I may go one of those routes.

This is a photo when I started painting some of the interior panels. Everything used was Duplicolor rattle cans available at Autozone.

Prep was:

• Remove panel.
    • Clean with soap and warm water, dry. Follow with full wipe down with 99% pure alcohol.
    • Two light dusting coats of Adhesion Promoter.
    • Two dusting coats of color, followed by 2 heavier coats. (all coats 10 minutes apart).
    • Let dry 24 hours.
    • Two coats Duplicolor clearcoat of choosing – gloss or matte. I used Duplicolor BCL0125 in this pic.

I was very happy with the results. This pic is from Sep 2020 and, as with all things Slingshot, nothing is the same. I ended up buying a wrap kit from AMR that covered most of the center console. Stereo is nowhere near the same. All dash switches are changed.

I do have the same steering wheel and phone mount. :thumbsup:

• Many thanks. I looked into it and I came to the same conclusion that it has to go through the dealer. It's an option that I may peruse. I thought it most likely will have a gloss appearance as the body color. Thats the issue on my part. I want a contrast and I really like the paint and color of the paint on now. Only issue is the gloss "pops" enough in the cockpit that it draws focus to a single area, and you can't escape. Going to try a darker color with a lower luster so it looks good but the focus remains on the slingshot as a whole.

If I get the paint I have on order and a quick test doesn't pan out I'll go the Polaris paint option. I'm laughing cause were all nuts but I love it. It keeps us going. But I keep reverting back to EjFord The best purchase is fuel.

If you like the color but not the “Gloss” of it, try spraying a “Matt Clear” over the gloss. Just make sure your gloss is fully cured, clean with denatured alcohol, let dry completely and spray. The only difference between a gloss and a Matt is the silica additive. Just make sure you SHAKE the can and SHAKE again while spraying. “Satin” is just not Matt enough for most and shows too much gloss for me.

• Working on putting the dash back together after installing the Boss head unit. Not an easy task getting things lined up. Anyone know where to buy replacement push pins? Polaris dealer wants $3 each.

Lots of options on Amazon (hold your tongue big box haters - just trying to help out a Slingshot Brother)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…tle_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• There are many sizes. Do the ones in your link fit the slingshot?

They do -

according to Amazon I bought them 5 times in 2018 when I was making and selling rear protection plates. They are not an exact match. The head is a little bigger but once installed is not really something you'd notice. You can do your own search of 8mm push pins and compare the specs/measurements. I did buy one batch that were too short for my liking and didn't use them so check length and diameter.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

If you like the color but not the “Gloss” of it, try spraying a “Matt Clear” over the gloss. Just make sure your gloss is fully cured, clean with denatured alcohol, let dry completely and spray. The only difference between a gloss and a Matt is the silica additive. Just make sure you SHAKE the can and SHAKE again while spraying. “Satin” is just not Matt enough for most and shows too much gloss for me.

Thanks all, good info! I prefer a matt finish. Looks like a game plan to finish whatever paint I use with a matt clear.

• It is installed on a fast red one.

That’s what Brian said

Perfect way to have a beverage safely , while still driving around Maui in the slingshot!!! Perfect size to make it easier!

It does not take as many refills. At the car shows in the hot summer I us to walk around with the 1/2-gallon water jug with 6 beers in it and two handfuls of ice in it.