What are your new mods to your Slingshot Starting12/1/2021

• ! From the side panels to the front are polished and waxed now. The electric buffer is a lot easier and faster.

FunCycle - a question, does the Meguiars's Ultimate Polish cause any problems on the black areas? I know the ultimate wax is okay if you get it on the black, but I also know that many of the polishes out there will stain the black - - I know that on the detailing group I hang out on on Facebook they recommend using painters tape to mask off the black plastic and rubber areas when polishing

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• FunCycle - a question, does the Meguiars's Ultimate Polish cause any problems on the black areas? I know the ultimate wax is okay if you get it on the black, but I also know that many of the polishes out there will stain the black - - I know that on the detailing group I hang out on on Facebook they recommend using painters tape to mask off the black plastic and rubber areas when polishing

I just waxed a black panel on the hood so I could answer your question. No, it does not turn the black panels white.

• I just waxed a black panel on the hood so I could answer your question. No, it does not turn the black panels white.

thank you :thumbsup:

• Edward Neal you will have some discoloration but nowhere near what I have seen with some other waxes

lately I have been using this

but I have some minor swirl marks I I think the meguiar's would take right out, just been to lazy to break out the DA and still think I should probably mask off the hood inserts just to be safe

• Well! From the side panels to the front are polished and waxed now. The electric buffer is a lot easier and faster.

I have never used buffers when it comes to waxing a car or the sling. Are there special pads for polishing the plastic on a sling as opposed to the paint on a car? Whenever you have some time I would appreciate you being pad specific and if there are more than one take this rookie by the hand and let me know your methodology on this. Many thanks

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• The electric and air buffer pads are color coded as to what you are going to do. This is just a partial list -Red = Heavy Cut Orange = Medium Cut Blue = Light Cut Green = Soft Polish Black = Final Finish

is the buffer speed the same for all pads? And if so what is a safe speed?

Preferred buffer?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• is the buffer speed the same for all pads? And if so what is a safe speed?

Preferred buffer?

Buffer speed is set according to what you are trying to do. I am 73 years old and have never used a buffer until this past year. I always did it by hand. I bought the first buffer after I finished polishing and waxing the 1935 Ford last year by hand.

• SoCal I'm no expert but my research led to a DA (dual action) polisher. It is highly recommended for the amateur. The orbital buffers are much more likely to damage surfaces when not correctly used (by a professional). There are a jillion you tube videos out there on this. I gravitated to the Chemical Guys videos which have the right content and pace for my patience level (not high on videos).

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• SoCal you can go here - - Autogeek

it is a great source for everything involving detailing - they have videos and articles about all of the various processes and they also have a store where you can get buffers and pads or anything else you might want - - - in fact I just ordered some 4 inch pads from them a few days ago

oh - and they also have their own forum where you can ask questions with people that actually do detailing for a living there who can give advice

And for working on my slingshot I have a Griots Garage mini DA polisher that uses 3 inch and 4 inch pads probably too small to be what you would want on a regular car, but for the slingshot I think a 6 inch DA would be too much.

as a side note - I use auto geek for information but often find better prices for the same items on Amazon - usually only buy from auto geek when its something specific I can't get cheeper

• Like said that this was not a mod. Replacing the upper and lower ball joints. I did not know it but Polaris now sells just the ball joints for around $40 each instead of the whole A-Arm for around $260 each. Also, the no replaceable rod end on the steering rack has play in it. Which means replace the whole steering rack for +- $460. Then we have the front seal on the angle drive. For a total of $1,345.