Start button does not work..

• Ok so heres the deal. Went for a long drive today everything was working as it should. Parked the bike and tried start it tonight after 4 hours sitting in driveway. Put the key in and all the lights come up as normal, press start button and nothing happens. Tried multiple times and same thing over and over. Battey is 4 months old and it is an Optima Yellow top showing 13.1 on my Alarm app plus I've never had an issue with this Yellowtop. I do hear a faint clicking sound in the front when I push the red starter. Any ideas here? I was reading it could be a faulty clutch switch and another thread one person had also a bad ECM. I do not think this is a bad ECM situation and I also do not think its the battery, it def does not have any symptom that points to a dead or bad battery. My guess is this clutch switch, just need to figure out how to check it. Also, could be a bad relay? Which one to check that has to do with the starter switch? Any help appreciated guys. Sling is a 2017

• Do you hear the click from the starter when you push the button? I've had this happen a few times and just a quick roll a few feet generally gets it engaged. Never had to get it jumped.

Standing in the drivers seat, push clutch in with right foot and use left foot outside SS to push a couple feet. Pop clutch while still rolling (to move the fly wheel), then jump back in and try starting again.

• Do you hear the click from the starter when you push the button? I've had this happen a few times and just a quick roll a few feet generally gets it engaged. Never had to get it jumped.

Standing in the drivers seat, push clutch in with right foot and use left foot outside SS to push a couple feet. Pop clutch while still rolling (to move the fly wheel), then jump back in and try starting again.

I do hear the click from the starter yup. Might try this method as well

• Ok so heres the deal. Went for a long drive today everything was working as it should. Parked the bike and tried start it tonight after 4 hours sitting in driveway. Put the key in and all the lights come up as normal, press start button and nothing happens. Tried multiple times and same thing over and over. Battey is 4 months old and it is an Optima Yellow top showing 13.1 on my Alarm app plus I've never had an issue with this Yellowtop. I do hear a faint clicking sound in the front when I push the red starter. Any ideas here? I was reading it could be a faulty clutch switch and another thread one person had also a bad ECM. I do not think this is a bad ECM situation and I also do not think its the battery, it def does not have any symptom that points to a dead or bad battery. My guess is this clutch switch, just need to figure out how to check it. Also, could be a bad relay? Which one to check that has to do with the starter switch? Any help appreciated guys. Sling is a 2017

I had the start switch replaced on my 2015 early on, it was like it was not making contact every time.

• I know that you have a good new battery, but 'no start' more often battery than anything else. Might pay to stop by Battery Plus (about $130.00) pick one up and install... Just a thought.

OrangeSlingFL Just as EjFord says low voltage on the battery is most often the problem. Many of you have heard me say this more than once. Install a digital volt meter and if you learn to us what it is showing you, most times you will know what the problem is. #1 look at the voltage when you turn the key on. If it reads below 11.9 volts you may have a problem. The Sling has been sitting too long or the battery is bad. This is when you refer to step #2. #2 Look at the voltage when you crank the Sling up. It should read around 13.9 volts IF the alternator is charging. If the battery does not hold a charge, then you have a bad battery.