2022 Slingshot Photo

• This is photo of the 2022 Slingshot that is scheduled to be unveiled on December 7th.Love the hood scoop and the air ducts beside the middle light.Rumor has it,it will have more power.Not sure if the new tune for the power needed more of a ram air effect or not...Pretty cool looking if you ask me.

• SC Slinger

Changed the title of the thread from “2022 Slingshot Leaked Photo” to “2022 Slingshot Photo”.
  • This is photo of the 2022 Slingshot that is scheduled to be unveiled on December 7th.Love the hood scoop and the air ducts beside the middle light.Rumor has it,it will have more power.Not sure if the new tune for the power needed more of a ram air effect or not...Pretty cool looking if you ask me.

Danger Will Robinson. :thumbsup:

e4354fd22748e77e3061f7ee1969a162.jpg

• My understanding is that the Prostar 2000 was a morph of the Prostar 1000. There's no doubt that this platform will grow and improve over the next _________ (3,4,5? - fill in the blank) years. Product development for Polaris spans more than a couple years but that engine won't be around nearly as long as the GM Ecotech. My opinion only. Feel free to contact me for stock market predictions.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• That thing looks angry! Can't wait to get the full picture and upgrades!

and price

seems to me that the price point of your average new Slingshot has been going up a good amount since I got in the game. On the plus side perhaps when / if the time comes to part ways with my 2016 it might still have some decent value

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

It's the new hood that the guy Rawlings (monkey garage?) used for his off-road style slingshot at Sema...

Looks like they are trying to get rid of fender flap... The new hood looks like it flows better and is now a 1 piece (no more lightning bolt plastic inserts)...

Wonder if the new hood will fit old slingshots...🤔 Dave@DDMWorks , please let us know since you like to tinker!

• It's the new hood that the guy Rawlings (monkey garage?) used for his off-road style slingshot at Sema...

Looks like they are trying to get rid of fender flap... The new hood looks like it flows better and is now a 1 piece (no more lightning bolt plastic inserts)...

Wonder if the new hood will fit old slingshots...🤔 Dave@DDMWorks , please let us know since you like to tinker!

From what we saw out at SEMA on the GRG Slingshot, the new hood would bolt onto an earlier Slingshot without any issues, we will know for sure though in a couple weeks.

• From what we saw out at SEMA on the GRG Slingshot, the new hood would bolt onto an earlier Slingshot without any issues, we will know for sure though in a couple weeks.

Do tell! You either have a 2022 Slingshot hood coming or a 2022 Slingshot? Or are you headed down to Gas Monkey to work on theirs? (No offense to anyone that likes that build but I consider it pointless)

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I'm old school on much of the technical advances today. Was talking to some of my friends in the two wheel world who are considering new bikes and balancing between purchasing an end of year 2021 or holding out for a 2022. Word is talking through third party dealer info (motorcycles). Most likely many of the manufacturers will be very reluctant to pursue major advances in the technology side of production due the the shortage of computer chips and the risk of availability needed to suppport those changes. Time will tell, hopefully things will get straightened out soon.

• If polaris included what everyone wanted, ie brembo brakes for one, the sling would cost way too much.

And why not? There is nothing bad with charging 40k for a slingshot if its truly great. I personaly dont have a problem with the slingshot becoming more exotic in the street like the T- rex. Theres a reason why Campagna charges the money they do for a T-Rex, its on a whole different level of performance and fun not to mention build quality.

• I'd go with a sportscar for that kind of money. Besides you can put the money into addons yourself if you really have to have expensive updates. I never thought the slings brakes were that bad to begin with. And I've done one to many panic stops over my 93k miles.

Almost 90,000 miles on Slingshot #2 and still on original OEM breaks --- probably should do new pads next season.

• It sure would have been nice to actually have some options without having to change what model to buy. being one of the og's, there were only two models - the base or the SL. So if you had a color preference, you had to choose grey, red or accept the fact that you would either paint or wrap it. or if having a standard radio, backup camera with bigger tires and forged wheels, you had to settle for Red only. I know that way 7 years ago, but how much of a problem would it have been to offer the US models with the security system or have the GPS as an option since the radio displayed it as being one?

Who knows. maybe by 2025 they will allow us to pick and choose and we can have the Burger King model - having it OUR way

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE