Slingshots in the Smokies 2022

• Sat on your porch waiting till after dark last night but ran out of beer and had to go home before you got there. By the way the hot tub was awesome.

So YOU drank all my beer in the hot tub cooler!! Now I have to apologize to Terry for blaming her for not filling it with Latte's!!

Actually got to meet DER and his lovely wife Bonnie yesterday! Great folks, but that's no surprise!!

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Does anyone have a show shirt from this year's SSITS (blue one) that they would be willing to part with? Large or XL

I didn't get one and would love to have one since it has the red, yellow, white slings.

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• Well I'm relaxing on the porch with a cold beverage enjoying the mountain views and the sounds of nature. I'm reflecting on the week that was and what a great week its been. I got to ride with some of my favorite people in the world. Rode some of the best mc roads in the country. Shared meals with friends both old and new and even explored areas I had never been to. a suspension bridge off a road called needmore road and another road called road to nowhere (you can't make this stuff up) (you can Google road to nowhere) also went to pretty place chapel

The weather's been great. Didn't add anything new to the sling but did get the laser alignment done, and one of the most awesome things of the whole week was to watch Painter gift his 200th valve cover! I don't want to steal anyone's thunder so you'll have to wait on the proud recipient to post up some pics. And then there's this ConnMan guy that stalks me half the week and waits for me to leave so he can give my wife "THE GIFT" what kind of guy does that?l

Well turns out he's a great guy with a wycked since of humor and a great wife to keep grounded! Sorry for the long post but a lot has went on :00002178:

• Yep - things are wrapping up - so grateful to all my buddies (the list is long) that came to the house to visit. It is weeks like this that make me so proud to be a member of the Slingshot family!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Well my first slingshot event in the books. What an awesome week didn’t drive the truck once. All in good health and had a blast. Go over to my buddy Bills load up and we out. Have to thank so many on here for the brotherhood that was offered. Not many people like us in this world.

• Well my first slingshot event in the books. What an awesome week didn’t drive the truck once. All in good health and had a blast. Go over to my buddy Bills load up and we out. Have to thank so many on here for the brotherhood that was offered. Not many people like us in this world.

Doesn't he look just like his Dad in the Avatar!!

(I think I see a new Avatar pic there!!)

:00008172:

It sure was a pleasure meeting you Adam, and your lovely wife!

I truly enjoyed our conversation at Uncle BillyBob's party. Hope we can do that again sometime!

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)

• Doesn't he look just like his Dad in the Avatar!!

I truly enjoyed our conversation at Uncle BillyBob's party. Hope we can do that again sometime!

you know your hooked now - both of you will be back next year - I’ll leave the porch lite on for ya :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Well, we are wrapping things up here in Maggie.

It's kind of a sad day for me, because I had such a wicked awesome time here!

I hope I can come back again one day.

Gonna try and do that for sure.

Got to hit the marquis roads, which was a ton of fun!!

Next time, hope to do some of those off the beaten path rides!

So many fine people I met here!

I hope our paths cross again!

New England will welcome every one of you anytime!

Sad I didn't get to meet Gerald, and where is Dietah!!???

I'm going to miss these mountain views, and DER blasting his Air Horn each time he passes my house!!

Love it!!

Couple quick thoughts................

First, my wife Terry, she pushed me to do this trip as I didn't want to.

Thanks baby, I love you so much!!

Great conversation with Bubblehead at Uncle BillyBob's

Him and Janet have a great story to their life which is wonderful. A proud Navy veteran that embraces his Submarine service all over his SS!

Frankie55 your center tail light is out!

Excalibur is a young dude!! And a great one!!!

The most photographed ride of the week here, was Funinthesun and his cool Vanderhaul!!

Not one group pic on my first group ride! Damn!!

Where's Dietah??!!

Then there is DER ............

mysterious.........

He's like a Ninja.......

He appears, then disappears out of nowhere.....

nobody knows where he is from, and he has no ID or Birth Certificate............

just this handsome dude that just appears.....

rides with people none of us know.........

goes to strange places that we've never heard of..........

His Slingshot is spotless but claims to not clean it.... mysterious....

I think he's James Bond........

:00008356:

(Actually, he's a wonderful guy, and his wife Bonnie is awesome!!)

Hope one day he allows me to ride with him in the future!

So long Maggie, Yer da best, and I think I Love You!!

:00000436:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)

• The wheelchair carrier did not work like I hoped (to low) redesigned it, parts have to made. We will go on rides next year PROMISSED.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Had a great time at SSITS 2022 this year. Got to meet some old friends and make some new ones. It was nice meeting you Bill Martin and your lovely wife. Had a great time visiting. ConnMan sorry we weren’t able to meet. I looked for a red Slingshot with pirate 🏴‍☠️ everywhere, but just couldn’t find you. Hopefully we meet up soon. Everyone have a safe trip home. See all of y’all next year if not sooner.

• SlingSC it was good meeting you and hanging out with ya watching all the slingshots cruise Maggie Valley.

For those who don't know, this guy has probably the most immaculate slingshot I have ever seen. Very nice ride!

Had a great time hanging out with you and your wife. Now that we know that we live close to each other, hopefully we can get together more often and hang out. Had a blast.

• Well folks another trip in the books. It was great seeing everyone again and getting some great riding in. Thanks to Bill Martin and Angie for the hospitality. We had to leave this morning as our dog sitter had plans for Sat morning. See everyone agin soon

Tom, sorry our time together this event was less than 10 minutes, and we weren't able to make your pancake breakfast. I guess when you have to leave a couple days early, and we had to arrive a day late, these things happen. Maybe next year or anytime you decide to visit here in warm Florida again

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Doesn't he look just like his Dad in the Avatar!!

So let’s all take a vote cause it’s like this…..

if I change my avatar that gives him the joy of victory. But what if he is right how can I ever stop crying lmao.

Second of all

NEVER TRUST A CONN MAN LMAO

We definitely had great conversation can’t wait to meet up again brother.

• What a great week! Finally had the chance to meet so many great people, some again. Bill & Angie, EJ, Tom (Bubblehead) & Janet, Frank the tank & Kathy, Jimmy & Terry, Tom (gooseman) & wife, BlackDeath & girlfriend (sorry I forgot your name and you really appear to be a great guy for a blackdeath) also your back tire throws a lot of rocks ^^. Phil (Funinthesun) & his wife, Harvey and family, DER, Adam, Dieter, Daniel & dad & son. ...and many in between. I hope I didn't leave anyone out. Others I'm sure I walked by without knowing.

Thanks to Bill and Angie & Harvey and family for the hospitality. Thanks to Bill, EJ and Frank the tank for stepping up and leading rides.

Jimmy, thanks for the tip on the taillight, I'll check it out. Most likely the break light appeared as not working. EJ & Tom (bubblehead) gave me a tip not to use the break cause it slows you down. ^^

• Tom, sorry our time together this event was less than 10 minutes, and we weren't able to make your pancake breakfast. I guess when you have to leave a couple days early, and we had to arrive a day late, these things happen. Maybe next year or anytime you decide to visit here in warm Florida again

Funinthesun I drove by a few times and didnt see you out side telling stories 🤣 we will be your way again in Oct so will hook up with you and catch up sir. Take care see you soon

• NEVER TRUST A CONN MAN LMAO

I second that one (NEVER trust a Connman). He;s been telling everyone here that he doesn't ride fast OR handle turns or twisties at anything over 10 mph. That's blain old new England bullshit. I was behind him on a couple of rides and he was flat out hauling ass riding through the mountains. I had to put my drink cup down, and grab onto my paddle shifters to just get on his ass to push him through the turns. If he was right all along, damn, that guy learns quick

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• It was great to see everyone again. Missed a lot of other faces unfortunately. I should have extended the time, I typically take 1.5 - 2 weeks work of vacation and this trip was too short. Hope the end of this year to the beginning of next year works out for me as I am expecting and I will have more time to enjoy things! Look forward to an even better year in Maggie next year! Hope everyone had a good time and drive safe!