Slingshots in the Smokies 2022

• THE PARTY HAS STARTED!! Had 13 Slingshots at the house today. Have a mechanic staying with me if you have any problems or need installation of any goodies they will give you a fair price - for me nothing - HOWEVER - donated alcoholic beverages are accepted :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Terry and I went on our first real ride yesterday.

Headed on a backroad trip to Chimney Rock, and Lake Lure. Nice ride up for sure.

Had Lunch at the Lakehouse Restaurant.

Talked with some folks at the Visitors Center.

We were gonna walk around Chimney Rock, but it was wicked hot so we skipped it.

Came back on a different loop by staying on the Blue Ridge Parkway longer.(I could ride this road every friggin' day!!)

Came off the Parkway via 276 into Waynesville.

That road was nuts!

Great time here so far!!!

(Terry took great pics! I'd post em, but you know.....)

(Why does Canton NC smell bad? And what is that massive smoking factory?)

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Loaded up and ready for SSITS. Leaving in the morning and should arrive around lunch time or a little after. Can’t wait to see all of you. 😎

LOVE the trailer Bobby SlingSC !! Me, Lowpt2001  dalton202 will be arriving around the same time as you from the upstate.We are hitting some curves on the way up.Packed and ready,see ya there,safe travels!!

• Well, survived and LOVED our first ever successful group ride!! Headed up to the Mt. Mitchell area to some wicked twisties up there!! Shout out to Daniel, who was on his beautiful 2 wheeler while his son Danny commanded the Slingshot with our new favorite Uncle from Canada in his passenger seat. Daniel worked as a blocker, and brought up the rear to keep everyone safe!

I was able to meet most of these fine folks for the first time ever, and hopefully not the last!

In attendance our host of course Bill Martin  Frank the Tank  Bubblehead  Frankie55  BlackDeath  Excalibur (He looks just like his Dad he has the pic of in his Avatar!)  

and of course Funinthesun and EjFord.

Along with a whole wonderful group of spouses and friends that made our group!

Long day that started with my personal hell on I40 up to Ashville to start our adventure.

The return trip home was a long one on The Blue Ridge Parkway. Great ride on that road!!

Bubblehead took offense at a sign on the Parkway so he decided to destroy it!

It's all good though, now none of us have to see that sign ever again!!

I like his style!!

Wicked awesome good time!!

(All my worry about not having a good time here is a distant memory!)

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)

• We're gonna need more info on that!

I Plead the Fifth!!

(That secret stays with me!! Don't want the PoPo to throw a Yankee in the tank!)

I didn't see Wild Turkey here......wait.......what?.......

I was at Uncle BillyBob's and I saw a whole vat of............

Never mind!

:00000441:

:00008172:

:00000436:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)

• So, little side story here at SSITS..............

DER is avoiding me at all cost!

He's right next door, and will not stop by.

He knows I have "The Gift" for him, and he's fearful of "The Gift", thought of it scares the shit out of him.

He's not sleeping, and I saw him pacing in his yard late last night, talking to himself!!

His thought must be.....

what can this be?......

am I safe?.....

I don't know this dude........

he's some weird New England type of creeper......

he's insane!.....

yup that's it...

I can't sleep with one eye open......

I'm losing my mind!!........

Well, little does he know, I'm leaving "The Gift" in front of his door soon.

He'll probably see it, then check into a motel.

He'll call the owner of the house and have his belongings shipped to him!!

(I'm having way too much fun in Maggie!!)

:00000441:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)

• I just drove by AGAIN but you weren't there....

Sat on your porch waiting till after dark last night but ran out of beer and had to go home before you got there. By the way the hot tub was awesome. :00008172::00008356::00000441:

• just cause I have a secret fountain of youth lol so jealous he is lmao

• Well folks another trip in the books. It was great seeing everyone again and getting some great riding in. Thanks to Bill Martin and Angie for the hospitality. We had to leave this morning as our dog sitter had plans for Sat morning. See everyone agin soon