Slingshots in the Smokies 2022

• Any forum members are welcome all week at my house - we will be doing rides every day and cocktails creekside in the evenings - I am at

373 Campbell Creek Rd

From fairgrounds head toward Cherokee - just past Hillbilly Camp Grounds turn left on Campbell Creek - (if you get to Joey’s Pancakes you went too far) go 1/2 mile to gated property on left hand side with horseshoe driveway. Look forward to seein old friends and meetin new ones!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Mr, Bill, it's gonna feel good to see your new digs after all you guys have been through. Judy am I will do everything we can to make sure we're there in 3 weeks. And you won't have to worry about the two of us spending too much time there so as to overstay our welcome. Since I don't drink, I guess I'll have to take over the "bull shit" session that usually follows the free-flowing moonshine that you rednecks choose to imbibe in.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited once, last by Funinthesun ().

• Dare I bring up the idea of a Rand McNally (for those of us who at some point in time relied on them). Knowing the mountain's surrounding Maggie Valley is it a good idea to purchase a Rand McNally road atlas just in case of poor reception?

Frank go into your computer and look at and print some pages of routs around the area. As always if you have gas in the tank your not lost, just on a new adventure.

• Frank go into your computer and look at and print some pages of routs around the area. As always if you have gas in the tank your not lost, just on a new adventure.

Great stuff, actually just wanted the map to initially get there. Especially if it happens to rain heavy on arrival day or something with the bridge construction causing alternate back routs and a loss of connectivity. I'm not sure but I may come down interstate 81 just to avoid the Baltimore and Washington DC beltways. Once I get there & on rides I'll just follow the sling in front of me and hope their not going back home. ^^

Heck anymore I take my dog on walks just to be sure if I get lost he can guide me home. Can't imagine how we travelled across the country without a GPS.

• Dare I bring up the idea of a Rand McNally (for those of us who at some point in time relied on them). Knowing the mountain's surrounding Maggie Valley is it a good idea to purchase a Rand McNally road atlas just in case of poor reception?

NO, my friend all that you will need is a Motorcycle Touring Map. This is the best map of the area, put out by WILDRIDES.info WILD MOUNTAINRIDES.com. for free. Just go to the web site. Baring that I just happen to have a couple of dozen of them if you look me up in Maggie Valley.

• NO, my friend all that you will need is a Motorcycle Touring Map. This is the best map of the area, put out by WILDRIDES.info WILD MOUNTAINRIDES.com. for free. Just go to the web site. Baring that I just happen to have a couple of dozen of them if you look me up in Maggie Valley.

Another great one is FreemanMaps. Here's the link to the NC/TN one on the web. You can also find them in a lot of the stops around town. They are really nice because they point out gas stops, restaurants, and hotels too. One of my bucket list goals is to just hit every single one of these rides.

• I envy all of you who can attend. I'm a caretaker for my spouse and can't find anyone to care fior her for10 days to attend the rally. Such is life. Everyone enjoy!

Wrong my friend. I'm sure there's plenty of us here who envy YOUR SPOUSE who has such a dedicated partner to be their caretaker. We'll keep you in our thoughts during the rides and send positive vibes back your way

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• NO, my friend all that you will need is a Motorcycle Touring Map. This is the best map of the area, put out by WILDRIDES.info WILD MOUNTAINRIDES.com. for free. Just go to the web site. Baring that I just happen to have a couple of dozen of them if you look me up in Maggie Valley.

Nice, saved in my favorites!

• Another great one is FreemanMaps. Here's the link to the NC/TN one on the web. You can also find them in a lot of the stops around town. They are really nice because they point out gas stops, restaurants, and hotels too. One of my bucket list goals is to just hit every single one of these rides.

Are you going to be in Maggie Valley this year?

• Great stuff, actually just wanted the map to initially get there. Especially if it happens to rain heavy on arrival day or something with the bridge construction causing alternate back routs and a loss of connectivity. I'm not sure but I may come down interstate 81 just to avoid the Baltimore and Washington DC beltways. Once I get there & on rides I'll just follow the sling in front of me and hope their not going back home. ^^

Heck anymore I take my dog on walks just to be sure if I get lost he can guide me home. Can't imagine how we travelled across the country without a GPS.

Hey Frankie55 just follow me I know a short cut :00000156::00000441::00000436:

• So me and my wife are attending SSITS this year. I have been planting that bug in my wifes ear for awhile and finally we decided to go. We've been getting into longer rides/vacations and have now done a few trips down to Tennessee. Rooms are booked and already registered months ago.

We're coming down from northern Indiana real close to EJ's neck of the woods. Not much for scenery up this way so looking for some suggestions. Was wondering what areas guys recommend for rides out of the options for the groups rides they have planed? Is it better off to go explore on your own or join in the group rides? I'm not afraid of exploring new areas but my wife and I would like to try some of the group rides also.

Any good places to go see or areas to avoid? We've done plenty of adventures/exploring and ended up in some great scenic areas but also some really ugly areas to be in a sling so trying to avoid any stressfull areas.

Any recommendations for good restaurants to try out in the area would also be appreciated. We're not foodies by any means but we do like to eat good food.😋

Thanks in advance.🙂👍

Randy

• Not sure if you have a room or not but there are lots of motels in Maggie Valley. We're staying at the Four Seasons an older unit but nice price clean and comfortable. I would recommend that you hook up with just a guys and head for the hills. Any more than 6 or 8 is to many for running the Smokies. I'm going to send you a pm.