Slingshots in the Smokies 2022

• What a great way to kick off rally - ConnMan and family having cocktails on the creek - let the good times begin !!!

Wow!!! What a great time!

I have a couple of my kids here with their spouses, so Uncle BillyBob and Sweet Angie invited us over.

We all had a wicked good time!

So I brought my trailer there to park for the week.

Angie comes running down and tells us we have to put the trailer in the fenced yard. Uncle BillyBob went and got the MasterKey for the lock (bolt cutters) and the 2 of us wrestled with that until we finally cut through.

Then Angie tells me "my guy is coming down to back your trailer in there. He'll do it like nothing, cuz he was a truck driver. Here he is now"

This little guy comes walking over, cigarette hanging out of his mouth. I said to Angie "think he could lose the cigarette before he gets in my truck?" Angie yells to him "Lose the Cigarette!!" And like a Ninja, he flicks the thing out of his mouth and in the road. Walks over to me and I said "How ya doing I'm Jimmy" Then he mumbled his name. I said "I'm sorry, what did you say your name was?" He mumbles again, so I said "I'm sorry, I didn't catch........." and he interupts me and says "FAT.....BOY.......Fatboy"

I said "Your name is Fatboy?" He nods and hops in my truck.

"Where's the shifter, and how do I start it?" I said "it's running, and this dial is your shifter"

So now I'm thinking, I don't know any of these people why am I letting this random dude drive my truck?

Well before I could ponder any further, Fatboy is backing up my rig.

I said "want me to check your blind spot?" He just smiles and shakes his head no.

And then, just like that he whips this trailer through the fence gate in one shot.....

LIKE A BOSS!!

Angie barks at him where she wants it and he places the trailer there.

Fatboy jumps out of my truck and I said "wicked nice job, thanks!"

As I shake his hand he says "They won't let me drive anymore because of my hands" So shaking hands with Fatboy, is like grabbing a Cactus!

Gnarly fingers going everywhere but straight!

And with that, Fatboy jumps in his truck and drives off.

I turned to Terry and said "Yup, this is gonna be an epic week!!"

Hope you all get to meet Fatboy, he's a wicked nice guy!!

Oh ya, not one ounce of fat on Fatboy, not one!!

:00000436:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• That’s why he’s meeting me to check the roads to my cabin. He says he has to watch as I will get the trailer up that mountain lol. To people like Fatboy and I it’s just a simple task. I remember bringing my semi in to my dads retirement community in Florida and everyone was like can you teach me how to back like that. Just acknowledging and saying good job makes us feel good inside.

• Oh ya DER.........

Uncle BillyBob schooled me on a whole bunch of things last night.

Being this is my first time here, I had questions.

Then he says "Let me tell you about the guys..."

Needless to say, I won't be following you, Phil

( Funinthesun ) or

Gerald ( FunCycle ).

I am not even close to that league!

:00008172:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Don't believe anything you're told and only half of what you see. You'll be just fine!

• FunCycle and Funinthesun will wait up before turning off, just remember the last one in may have to buy lunch.

• All packed, loaded and ready to roll. Riding the sling solo. Will be leaving tomorrow early a.m. Weather looks great for the drive down. Going to hook up to interstate 81 south in Winchester VA. 11 hour drive plus time for stops. Going to enjoy and take in the scenery. Hopefully I'll hook up with a sling or two along the way!

• All packed, loaded and ready to roll. Riding the sling solo. Will be leaving tomorrow early a.m. Weather looks great for the drive down. Going to hook up to interstate 81 south in Winchester VA. 11 hour drive plus time for stops. Going to enjoy and take in the scenery. Hopefully I'll hook up with a sling or two along the way!

Frankie, you gotta make sure you look me up sometime during the week. Staying at the Four Seasons (same place as EJ) so we should be easy to find. I'll probably have the only Vanderhall in Maggie Valley next week. Think it will be easy to blend in?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• The gang is starting to come together - gonna be a great week!!!

Man, I'm envious! We still really appreciate the hospitality you and Angie showed us earlier this year. You guys are the best! We are on the Oregon coast this weekend celebrating our 35th anniversary. Kinda weird for someone so young (at heart). Enjoy the week with all your Sling buddies, and you and Dieter behave yourselves!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Frankie, you gotta make sure you look me up sometime during the week. Staying at the Four Seasons (same place as EJ) so we should be easy to find. I'll probably have the only Vanderhall in Maggie Valley next week. Think it will be easy to blend in?

Absolutely! I have yours and EJ's phone #. Although I'll be at the Comfort inn. I'm sure we can work it out. See you there!