Cold Air Intakes

• Do the cold air intakes make a difference. Getting conflicting information from people that have installed them. Some say they noticed a difference where others say they didn’t. Talk to me fellas. Or gals 😁

• Here is a link to a thread where Kyle D over at ZZP Performance started with a stock Slingshot and ran it on their Dyno and then they went through and installed the various mods like Cold Air intake, Cat Delete & header and exhaust and measured the diffrence each one of these mods made

The Truth about natural power and what makes what

Read through it and I think you will be surprised at how little difference any of these modifications actually make in terms oF HP and torque

I also know that in the past Dave@DDMWorks has also said there is not much if any power gain to be had from installing a cold air intake.

On the other hand they do look really cool and they also sound really good - so you may still personally think it is worth doing

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Do the cold air intakes make a difference. Getting conflicting information from people that have installed them. Some say they noticed a difference where others say they didn’t. Talk to me fellas. Or gals 😁

There is a thread with the DYNO numbers that was done as each thing was added to the engine. Maybe someone will give you the link. There were increases to the horse power but nowhere near what was advertised.

• I looked at these along with an exhaust when I first got mine. Coming from a prior life with the import cars, that was 1st thing you did wither it made power or not lol. A wise sling owner told me though, if I ever plan to Turbo/Supercharge it down the road to save my money. Those will have their own intake setup and better to match exhaust to what the turbo/super needs. So just something else to keep in mind so you aren't ripping off expensive mods for other mods down the road!

• Actually the one air intake change I did decide to do after realizing the CAI's being sold didn't offer much performance gain we to switch out the stock paper filter for a K&N filter

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• We did test every intake we had here a couple years ago and none of them made any power more than the stock plastic intake on the same Slingshot tested all on the same day back to back. The intakes we tested that day were - K&N drop in filter, SLR "Cold air intake", Alpha, Injen, ZZP and Hahn/Slingshotonly.

We did recently though come up with something that does make some more power in the upper RPM range that we will have some more information about very soon -

• We did test every intake we had here a couple years ago and none of them made any power more than the stock plastic intake on the same Slingshot tested all on the same day back to back. The intakes we tested that day were - K&N drop in filter, SLR "Cold air intake", Alpha, Injen, ZZP and Hahn/Slingshotonly.

We did recently though come up with something that does make some more power in the upper RPM range that we will have some more information about very soon -

There you go Dave, holding out the carrot again! JUST TAKE MY MONEY!!!

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Just drive when it’s cold outside and you’ll definitely notice the difference😜 They may not be cold but they sure are cool and as mentioned above sound really nice too!

I'd like to get mine on a dyno when it's 70's vs 30's outside temp and see what the differences are. I swear when it's 40's this time of year and I'm headed out early to meet folks for a ride, the sling is a monster in the cold. I know part of it is that rear tire being cold and breaking loose easier, but just feels like the sling wants to eat up all that cold air and I'm guessing being colder it's compressing more through the blower, but could just be all in my head lol

• 3GunSteve up around 8000 feet this weekend in the mountains and the temperatures got down into the low 50s for a while I know exactly what you mean. It just felt stronger and just like the motorcycle for some reason it always feels better to have your leather jacket and gloves on too!😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I'd like to get mine on a dyno when it's 70's vs 30's outside temp and see what the differences are. I swear when it's 40's this time of year and I'm headed out early to meet folks for a ride, the sling is a monster in the cold. I know part of it is that rear tire being cold and breaking loose easier, but just feels like the sling wants to eat up all that cold air and I'm guessing being colder it's compressing more through the blower, but could just be all in my head lol

All of that has already been proved by Dave@DDMWorks and Kyle D

• All of that has already been proved by Dave@DDMWorks and Kyle D

I'd like to see those. I saw a lot on different intakes, with and without tunes, Supers and turbos on it, but not one that had a super/turbo at significant different temps. Just curious how much of an impact that temp drop has. I know at altitude I lose a lot and why drag racers here have to tune stuff differently. Can feel that every time I get down to sea level with mine!

• I'd like to see those. I saw a lot on different intakes, with and without tunes, Supers and turbos on it, but not one that had a super/turbo at significant different temps. Just curious how much of an impact that temp drop has. I know at altitude I lose a lot and why drag racers here have to tune stuff differently. Can feel that every time I get down to sea level with mine!

All dyno's (that I am aware of anyway) measure temperature, humidity and atmospheric pressure during the dyno runs and apply one of the standard correction factors to make the dyno numbers match the power that would be made under standard conditions. So if you did a dyno run at 30 degrees and 90 degrees with the correction applied, they should make the same power shown on the dyno run. That is how you can test the same car on different days on the dyno and get the same results. That being said, typically you can turn off the correction on the dyno and get the raw numbers though, which is what you want to see in your example and would be higher at the lower temperature. Next time I am running something on the dyno I can do that and show the temp difference and how much power it makes.

• All dyno's (that I am aware of anyway) measure temperature, humidity and atmospheric pressure during the dyno runs and apply one of the standard correction factors to make the dyno numbers match the power that would be made under standard conditions. So if you did a dyno run at 30 degrees and 90 degrees with the correction applied, they should make the same power shown on the dyno run. That is how you can test the same car on different days on the dyno and get the same results. That being said, typically you can turn off the correction on the dyno and get the raw numbers though, which is what you want to see in your example and would be higher at the lower temperature. Next time I am running something on the dyno I can do that and show the temp difference and how much power it makes.

Learn something new all the time - Thanks Dave!