Cold Air Intakes

• I would be curious to know how much the ECM compensates for things like air temperature and also altitude - Living here in the Coachella valley most of my daily driving is done within 100 or 200 feet of sea level, but when I go out for rides I almost always head up into the mountains to 600o feet or above, also air temperatures can range from the 30's or less to well over 110 degrees - - - despite these extremes I cant honestly say that I have ever noticed any increase or decrease in performance

either I just have not been paying attention, or perhaps the computer is compensating enough to make any difference negligible

Dave@DDMWorks - ??

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• If you're running a turbo and riding in the mountains vs sea level, you can expect to see less boost. Not sure the amount drop per 1,000 feet. I would expect that a supercharged one would have a similar reduction in boost, but I've never owned one to verify that being true

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• if you are running a cold air intake….the idea is to get more air into the motor ….if you have the stock exhaust on it…I’m guessing nothing is going to happen. …..you also have to have a bigger (more open) exhaust to get that extra air out of the motor….

• ....i did install this set up, to force more direct air into the cold air intake on a friend of mines slingshot, he said he liked it , me not knowing what that meant.....i thought about adding it to mines but i guess it would be a waste of $$$ for me if i pull the trigger on a supercharger......🤔🤔🤔

https://www.slingmods.com/velo…-system-polaris-slingshot

..slingmods will have you believing your slingshot will fly 🤪....

• ....i did install this set up, to force more direct air into the cold air intake on a friend of mines slingshot, he said he liked it , me not knowing what that meant.....i thought about adding it to mines but i guess it would be a waste of $$$ for me if i pull the trigger on a supercharger......🤔🤔🤔

https://www.slingmods.com/velo…-system-polaris-slingshot

..slingmods will have you believing your slingshot will fly 🤪....

My opinion, a better breather won't hurt. I would think it makes some kind of improvement. More air, more expansion (to a degree, it's about the proper mixture for the best burn) More air without more fuel most likely won't help. If it looks good and it helps for many it's good and that's good. Supercharger + ECM flash for the proper air fuel ratio and you have a winner that your gonna notice. No doubt. As I said I have what I call a light version with the stock exhaust and I took my neighbors son who has a slingshot (he actually turned me on to the slingshot) for a ride. I laughed as he grabbed the passenger (oh chit handle) the look on his face! Hah! He was stunned to say the least. Only question is what exhaust to pair it with.