The last AMC dealer is almost gone

• Very interesting story I stumbled across today that I thought might be of interest - - - especially if you are in North Carolina and would love to restore a classic AMC

The Clock is Ticking for Americas last AMC Dealership

perhaps you could be the proud owner of a beautiful AMC Javelin 8)8)

and even if that isn't you thing if you live in the area you might want to go check it out - - - I know I would

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• My dad had a AMC dealership in Northern Michigan, I was just starting to spend more time at when he passed in an accident. My mother still has a lot of the die cast models they used to give out with the cars that were sold and I think some coins too. My uncle who worked for my grandfather when he passed (grandfather and my dad were partners in it) kept it going for awhile and still has 2-3 old AMC cars in storage, one's a rambler but not sure on the others. I sent this to him as he's in FL now and would probably love to make a trip to check this place out! Thanks for sharing!

• My parents had a Rambler also. I thing the Rambler was first made by Nash. Didn't AMC have something to do with jeeps also?

I don't know much history on AMC... but I know my dad's was a AMC/Jeep dealer when he passed. He'd have the big wigs up from Detroit to hunt every year and always got the new cars first and never had inventory issues. I found it funny years ago I was helping to clean up some old hunting blinds back home and most had car seats on bricks as chairs in them and a few even had electric tilt/heat...lol

• My parents had a Rambler also. I thing the Rambler was first made by Nash. Didn't AMC have something to do with jeeps also?

yes, AMC owned Jeep before they sold the brand to Chrysler

• My wife and I had a 1961 Rambler American ragtop. Cute little car and fun with the top down.

Traded it on a 1966 VW Beetle, our first new car. Only year it came with a 1300cc engine. Price on receipt for the Beetle was $2002.06, including AM radio, hand crank sun roof and a tach.

• I believe my Gremlin X was right around 2,400 new off the show room floor. That was a long time ago so I might be off just a little. Boy have prices changed, but then as a E3 in the Navy I made 97.50 a month.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I believe my Gremlin X was right around 2,400 new off the show room floor. That was a long time ago so I might be off just a little. Boy have prices changed, but then as a E3 in the Navy I made 97.50 a month.

back around 1971 my father paid just over $7,000 for a top of the line Porsche 911-S Targa

and I remember a few years later walking into a chevy dealer and seeing a custom corvette in the showroom and they were asking 11,000. I remember thinking to my self "who the hell would pay 11k for a chevy when you could get a Porsche for less"

of course the prices of German cars went up much faster than American models not long after that time not only because of inflation, but also exchange rates and import costs

Heck back in the day I remember thinking my parents were nuts when they paid $5,500 for a 1976 chevy blazer with a 400 small block - - some years later in the mid 80's I ended up buying it from them with only about 3500 miles on it