Dead battery

• they make these portable jump starters in many different sizes for different demands - there are the smaller ones like MADDMOE linked that are great for 4 & 6 cylinder engines and they go all the way up to ones like this one - NOCO 2000 Amp jump starter that are good for 8 liter gasoline and 6 liter diesel engines.

I had a DBPower jumpstarter that I carried in my slingshot until last year - like DJohnson had happen it started swelling up. after doing some research I found out that it was a common problem with that brand if they were stored over 90 degrees which around these parts is almost every day - after doing more research and hearing all good things I decided to replace it with one from NOCO - this is the one I now carry - NOCO Boost 500 Amp jump starter - easily big enough for my slingshot and probably any car I might be asked to help

I had that Boost 500 and it didnt work for me i got fed up with it and tossed it for the one i have now, they probably all Chinese made.....

• I had that Boost 500 and it didnt work for me i got fed up with it and tossed it for the one i have now, they probably all Chinese made.....

Hey MADDMOE You may well be right, before I got the one I currently have I ordered a smaller unit, a Scosche 300 amp, I think it might have been the same one you posted a picture of - - anyway, got it from Amazon and as soon as it arrived I plugged it in to charge it up - - after over 24 hours on the charger it never got fully charged or at least the lights on it never indicated it was fully charged ended up returning it and then ordered the NOCO

and just so you know I am not making this up a screen shot from my orders page on amazon showing the return and replacement last July

probably all of them can be good and as you suggest just really crapy China quality control

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Let us know how things work out.

Turned on the Guard Dog and the starter red button would not even light. Jumped it with my truck and let her run for 30 minutes then put it on the trickle charger overnight. Started and ran flawlessly all day yesterday. Trickle charger last night ran great all day today. Alternator shows just over 13 volts when running. When off just a tad under 12.
    I installed this dash cam one month ago and have it always on. Hard to believe it killed my battery but this is the only change so must have. Haven’t ridden for a month, to busy to hot. Seriously don’t except this to happen.

When putting it on the charger today the charger went from red to flashing green to solid green les than 4 minutes indicating a full charge. Sweet!
    Might have dodged a bullet on this one.

we shall see…

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• SoCal - I just want to say thank you for starting this thread - - With my Slingshot being my daily driver it has never gone more than 2 weeks at most without being driven and I have never had any need for a battery tender, but with my full time retirement coming soon and my wife's and my plans to travel that is going to change - - - thanks to this post of yours I will now be prepared when that time comes

tender and power port plug adapter have been ordered

:thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• SoCal - I just want to say thank you for starting this thread - - With my Slingshot being my daily driver it has never gone more than 2 weeks at most without being driven and I have never had any need for a battery tender, but with my full time retirement coming soon and my wife's and my plans to travel that is going to change - - - thanks to this post of yours I will now be prepared when that time comes

tender and power port plug adapter have been ordered

:thumbsup:

Congratulations on transitioning ( I hate the word retirement) to new adventures!

NEVER has my SS sat for a month since having one. Having company and multiple unexpected ( but good) things crop up last month combined with my new “death recorder” install attributed to my battery demise. Battery says it’s full and I now unplug the DR so hopefully smooth sailing from now on 😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎